Missing some Sonik Synth 2 sounds in ST3?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Missing some Sonik Synth 2 sounds in ST3?

Postby efg123 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:33 am

I am using ST3 Max which appears to have correctly located all of the legacy synths. I opened an old project and my DAW (Cubase 12) reported that some SS2 sounds could not be found (a search of the libraries on the hard drive concurs that these st3i files are not there).

For example, the sound "Conglomeration.st3i" is in the library on the hard drive and was located by ST3.

These sounds, however, are not in the library: Industrial Hit, Visions of Mars, Metallic Bugs and Zambooni.

Are these valid sound files that are missing from library? Did I perhaps rename the tracks in my DAW to something other than their "real" names? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.
efg123

Re: Missing some Sonik Synth 2 sounds in ST3?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:29 pm

Do they load / play in Sonik Synth 2?

Are the instrument and sample files present in Imported instruments and Imported Samples respectively? I vaguely recall a couple of problems Importing SS2 into ST3.

Using Explorer I found 003 Visions of Mars and 004 Hit Industry in my Imported Samples and in the original SS2 library. But I did not see the other 2 anywhere. The first 2 play OK in ST3.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Missing some Sonik Synth 2 sounds in ST3?

Postby efg123 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:36 pm

Thanks for the super-fast response! And thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

I found 003 visions of mars.st3i but no associated pak. Perhaps it doesn't need one? (Perhaps if I had typed the name correctly in the first place, windows explorer would have found the file.)

I found both 004 hit industry sti and pak. So, it turns out I changed the name slightly in the midi channel name. Memo to self: don't do that.

There are several sounds with "metallic" in the name. Hopefully one of them sounds correct.

Zambooni shall remain a mystery for now. I might end up re-downloading the SS2 library.

Thanks again, DarkStar. Ed
efg123

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More