Total Studio Max 3 (Not 3.5) and Reaper

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio Max 3 (Not 3.5) and Reaper

Postby 3Scotopia » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:47 pm

Greetings, all.

At the suggestion of one of the moderators, I've posted my query here so that all can benefit from the feedback.

I have just downloaded the entire collection of Total Studio Max 3 from my IK portal.
My DAW is Reaper (6.75).
My OS is Windows 7 (but have a Windows 10 computer at my disposal, if necessary).

I've done quite a bit of research on this forum (IK Multimedia), as well as Reaper's and several others & internet searches regarding the best place to put my Total Studio Max 3 sounds/plugins, preferably for a portable install of the entire set-up and/or keeping as much of it off of the computer (C:\ drive) as possible.

I'm taking as much time as necessary to get this right in the first place (to prevent snags in the future), but am feeling the push-pull of upcoming deadlines.

My knowledge base of audio is around an intermediate level; of working with DAWs, about the same. I'm at about a beginning to beginning-intermediate level with Reaper, but brand new to working with IK Multimedia products.

My plethora of queries are as follows:

1. What are your suggestions for the best set-up I can arrive at for Reaper + Total Studio Max 3 (not TS Max 3.5)?

2. On some of the forums, I read that only .dll plugins work with a portable install of Reaper; however, this info may be antiquated now?

3. I haven't yet looked over the extensions of all the plugins in TS Max 3 but would like to know what they are and if they are all the same type. I briefly looked at the extensions for Alternate Keys, but the extension is .st4i - pointing to Sample Tank 4, I believe?

4. For the plugins to run smoothly, MUST any or all the TS Max 3 plugins have a pathway inclusive of AppData for Reaper to see them?

Any insight into my queries is very appreciated.
Scotopia
3Scotopia

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More