Total Studio 3.5 MAX installation questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio 3.5 MAX installation questions

Postby Metallica93 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:19 am

The flash drive IK gave me with the boxed version of Total Studio 3.5 MAX had a few .exe installers and that was it (i.e., the installation process seemed stupidly easy), but tons of files were corrupt and I haven't heard back from Support in a week. Now, I'm stuck doing the digital downloads, but having a hell of a time making sense of what I do and do not need to download.

1) Is there any way to remove older programs and sound content from the IK Product Manager? I think it's safe to assume that I no longer need AmpliTube 4, MODO Bass (confirmed that MODO Bass 2 CS, despite being the free version, still imports all of my MODO Bass content), and Syntronik. Same with the old Syntronik sound content; it's (almost) all accessible in the Syntronik 2 sound content download, anyway (see #4 for issues, though).

2) Do I need to download SampleTank 4 CS, SampleTank 4 SE, and "regular" SampleTank 4 if I already own SampleTank 4 MAX? Or are all of the CS/SE/regular files included in the single MAX download? Previous forum replies seem like the answer is "No", but Miroslav Philharmonik 2 threw me off (see #3).

3) I had the same question for Miroslav Philharmonik 2, but it appears that the SampleTank 4 MAX download includes a three-part download for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE. So... I do need to install CS/SE/regular versions of everything? Or SampleTank 4 MAX just doesn't include the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2? Quite confusing.

4) The Syntronik 2 sound content file (54.8 GB) has 69 folders in it via IK Product Manager. The Syntronik 2 sound content download on the "My Products" web page has 77 folders. Why are 8 folders missing? I'm assuming I need these:
a) Synths - Memory V, Part 1
b) Synths - M-Poly, Part 1
c) Synth - SAM Bonus Sound Content
d) Synths - SH-V, Part 2
e) Synth - T-03, Part 3
f) Synth - T-03 Bonus Sound Content
g) Synths - VCF3
h) Synth 2 - Bully

I feel like I have to check the My Products web page for everything now :/

5) Since the Syntronik 2 sound content download appears to include the 22 (old) Syntronik versions of the synthesizers (minus the 8 missing items found on the My Products page), I assume these are still necessary. Does this confirm that I don't have to download Syntronik 2 CS, Syntronik Deluxe, or the 22 standalone versions via IK Product Manager? If so, more things I wish I could just remove.

I wanted to post the total file size of the parent folders alongside the file and folder count to help others ensure they downloaded all of Total Studio 3.5 MAX correctly, but I need to get there, first. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Metallica93

Re: Total Studio 3.5 MAX installation questions

Postby Metallica93 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:47 am

This thing really is driving me nuts.

I uninstalled everything (programs and sound content folders) and tried to download just SampleTank 4 MAX to start there, but all that was downloaded was 18 .zip files totaling less than 40 GB of files (of 180+), including "ST4_Guitar_Samples" parts 6-11, but not parts 1-5...

Was uninstalling everything not enough? Is there some way I have to clear or reset IK Product Manager for it to download everything the first time?
Metallica93

Postby Metallica93 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:22 pm

The SampleTank 4 MAX download from IK Product Manager is also missing two files that the "My Products" web page lists:

- SampleTank 3, Part 5
- SampleTank 3, Part 6

There is also a separate "Sounds Library Update" (v1.5) that I don't think is offered in IK Product Manager. I... assume we need that, too :/

Also, are these supposed to be in folders in the SampleTank 3 -> Samples directory or are the .pak files fine just being out and about?

- "19 Sound FX"
- "205 Alan Parsons Imperial Grand"
- "208 Art Deco Piano"
- "209 Brandenburg Piano"
Metallica93

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:33 pm

A1: Remove old products from IKPM? No

A2: Download CS/SE/regular files? No need.

A3: MP2 ? As you posted ST4 MAX includes the MP2 CE library. So you should install the full MP2 library too (into folders in the SampleTank 3 library, I would think).

A4: Don't know. I do not use the big combined downloads - I have never had 50 GB free on my disk and it would be difficult to troubleshoot unless I watched it all the time. I download / install each Syntronik synth library one at a time.

A5: I cannot recall exactly what I downloaded for Syn2 as i install Syn1 ages ago, but looking at, for example, the 99 synth: the IKPM shows
Syntronik 99 - Download size 5.8GB (2 of 2 files)
Syntronik 2 99 - Download size 7GB (4 of 4 files)

My installed Syn1 99 library has 155 instrument files and 47 sample files. totalling about 6.9 GB
My installed Syn2 99 library has 93 more instruments Including Wave Sets) and no more sample files, totalling about 1.1 GB
On that basis, I think that you only need to download / install the Syntronik 2 downloads (include those missing ones. The numbers of presets for each Syn2 synth are here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik2/index.php?p=versions

PS What does Support have to say about those 8 missing downloads?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm

A6: I do not know of any way to reset / clear IKPM.

A7: I do not think that you need the "Sounds Library Update" - those update should be incorporated into the main library downloads. They are provided for users who had downloaded the main library before the update and just need the updated files.

I am not sure that I can help any more. Other users may chip in, but Support will be your best path. Good luck.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Metallica93 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:00 pm

DarkStar wrote:A1: Remove old products from IKPM? No

A2: Download CS/SE/regular files? No need.

A3: MP2 ? As you posted ST4 MAX includes the MP2 CE library. So you should install the full MP2 library too (into folders in the SampleTank 3 library, I would think).

A4: Don't know. I do not use the big combined downloads - I have never had 50 GB free on my disk and it would be difficult to troubleshoot unless I watched it all the time. I download / install each Syntronik synth library one at a time.

A5: I cannot recall exactly what I downloaded for Syn2 as i install Syn1 ages ago, but looking at, for example, the 99 synth: the IKPM shows
Syntronik 99 - Download size 5.8GB (2 of 2 files)
Syntronik 2 99 - Download size 7GB (4 of 4 files)

My installed Syn1 99 library has 155 instrument files and 47 sample files. totalling about 6.9 GB
My installed Syn2 99 library has 93 more instruments Including Wave Sets) and no more sample files, totalling about 1.1 GB
On that basis, I think that you only need to download / install the Syntronik 2 downloads (include those missing ones. The numbers of presets for each Syn2 synth are here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik2/index.php?p=versions

PS What does Support have to say about those 8 missing downloads?

DarkStar wrote:A6: I do not know of any way to reset / clear IKPM.

A7: I do not think that you need the "Sounds Library Update" - those update should be incorporated into the main library downloads. They are provided for users who had downloaded the main library before the update and just need the updated files.

I am not sure that I can help any more. Other users may chip in, but Support will be your best path. Good luck.

1) Figured there was no way to remove old products, but thought I'd ask.

2 + 3) That's good news, but Miroslav is still throwing me off. SampleTank 4 MAX installed Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE (e.g., SampleTank 3\Samples\51 Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE), but I have the larger download for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 that created its own folder (SampleTank 3\Samples\50 Miroslav Philharmonik 2). At a very rough glance, it looks like 2 has several of the files I'm seeing in CE. Am I able to just delete all instances of the "51 Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE" folder, then? I'm confused why Total Studio 3.5 MAX installs the CE version when the "regular" 2 is over 5x the size.

4) I messaged Support about the corrupt flash drive on Monday and still haven't heard back. Wasn't sure if I should be bugging them for all of this as a separate issue, but I did message one of the admins on Thursday per the forum post you sent me. That message is still stuck in my outbox, however. I will mention the 8 missing files for Syntronik 2 (and 2 missing files for SampleTank 4 MAX) whenever I hear back from... anyone.

5) Syntronik 2 (2.1.1)\Sound Content\Syntronik 2\Samples\53 Syntronik 99 = 47 files, 6.88 GB, so I at least have that right.

Syntronik 2 (2.1.1)\Sound Content\Syntronik 2\Instruments\53__Syntronik 99\Factory = 163 files, 61 MB

Syntronik 2 (2.1.1)\Sound Content\Syntronik 2\Instruments\53__Syntronik 99\Syntronik 2 = 100 files, 1.1 GB

6) In terms of resetting IK Product Manager, I had to finish the install process for anything that said "x of x files", delete whatever downloaded, and then click "Reinstall Library" for the whole group of files to be downloaded instead of getting partial downloads. Massive nuisance and waste of time.

7) I unzipped that 1.5 update folder and it looks like I already had those files, so at least that's confirmed. Appreciate it.

Thank you for the information you were able to provide, Dark. You've been a big help. This would have been done days ago with the flash drive (assuming it wasn't also missing files), but I guess I'm at the mercy of the messaging system here or Support reaching back out.
Metallica93

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 pm

2+3: The ST4 MAX installer does not know if it is part of TS3.5 MAX, nor if you have or will install MP2. ;) In your position, I would look at the instrument names in the MP2 CE sub-folder and see if they are all present in the MP2 sub-folder and the same size. Same for the sample files. If all look to be duplicates, I would then move the MP2 CE subfolders off to an archive disk. Then run the ST3 and MP2 programs and rebuild the cache database.

Or, just remove them anyway, as this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2ce/?pkey=miroslav-philharmonik-2-ce says:
It (MP2 CE) includes a 10GB library with 733 instruments spread out across all the instrument categories provided in the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

4: If the message is still in yourInBox, forward it to Peter

---------------
Here's a wild idea: Maybe try chatGPT - "describe a fool-proof way to install IK Multimedia's Total Studio 3.5 MAX and to verify that all is OK and there is no redundancy" :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby BevisAlvin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

DarkStar wrote:2+3: The ST4 MAX installer does not know if it is part of TS3.5 MAX, nor if you have or will install MP2. ;) In your position, I would look at the instrument names in the MP2 CE sub-folder and see if they are all present in the MP2 sub-folder and the same size. Same for the sample files. If all look to be duplicates, I would then move the MP2 CE subfolders off to an archive disk. Then run the ST3 and MP2 programs and rebuild the cache database.

Or, just remove them anyway, as this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2ce/?pkey=miroslav-philharmonik-2-ce says:
It (MP2 CE) includes a 10GB library with 733 instruments spread out across all the instrument categories provided in the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

4: If the message is still in yourInBox, forward it to Peter

---------------
Here's a wild idea: Maybe try chatGPT - "describe a fool-proof way to install IK Multimedia's Total Studio 3.5 MAX and to verify that all is OK and there is no redundancy" :)

Thanks for sharing.
BevisAlvin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More