SampleTank Neil Peart Drum Mapping

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank Neil Peart Drum Mapping

Postby jreed2 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:23 pm

I have recently purchased the Neil Peart Drums for SampleTank. Does anyone have info on how the individual kit pieces are mapped to the keyboard notes? Selecting the individual types of pieces sometimes gives a hint as to what notes are used: for example the Ride cymbals are mapped to D#2, F2, B2. But not all of the pieces have this information.

The documentation says that "All of the drums are mapped using an extended General MIDI mapping... " but the the iMap and extended iMap Drum Layout mappings don't seem to match the SampleTank NP mappings (e.g., the NP SampleTank Rides are mapped to D#2, F2 and B2, but these correspond to Snare Rimshot/Other, Hihat Foot Shut and HiHat open in the Extended iMap Drum Layout).

I found a User manual for "Sonic Reality’s Neil Peart Drums Vol. 1: The Kit, an Infinite Player library for Kontakt!" which has a list of ALL of the kit pieces. It states "The sampled Neil Peart DW kit exceeds the size of all previous mapping conventions, so we have created an expanded map containing all of the kit pieces. It is essentially the iMap, extended in both directions." Sadly the mapping does not appear to correspond to the SampleTank mapping.

Is there a user manual for NP SampleTank? Am I missing something fundamental here (I am a guitarist - not a drummer). Has anyone created the appropriate map?

Thanks very much
jreed2

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More