Sampletank sound download

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank sound download

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:23 pm

There are a few options for sampletank library download. MAX is everything, right? All the 3 other options I see would be redundant, yes?
Bruce Sokolovic

Re: Sampletank sound download

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:12 pm

Yes
Probably - what are the other three options?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:42 pm

There is Sampletank 4, se and MAX. I installed MAX. Do I install 4 and SE, too? Same with miroslav. There is Philharmonik 2 and 2 CE. Do I just install 2? its the bigger one of the two of them.
Bruce Sokolovic

Postby jggrant » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:21 pm

i have a similar question. I've also recently upgraded to MAX, and there's so many items in my Product Manager! That is a very good position to be in, but it can be a little confusing.

For example, I've installed Syntronik 2, and all the Syntronik sound files. I assume that I don't need the earlier Syntronik (1) software, or the very large soundfiles for Syntronik Deluxe. It would just be doubling up some of the Syntronik 2 content, wouldn't it? Is that correct?

Likewise with Modo Bass 2. If I install Modo Bass 2, I assume I don't need to install Modo Bass 1. Is that right?

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but it's not clear from looking at my Product Manager.

Thanks!
John.
jggrant

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:47 am

I wish someone who knows would chime in here.
Bruce Sokolovic

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:34 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Metallica93 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:06 am

Bruce Sokolovic wrote:There are a few options for sampletank library download. MAX is everything, right? All the 3 other options I see would be redundant, yes?

MAX is everything, correct. Find the "Compare Versions" option on IK's product pages to find out more. Example: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p=versions

- SampleTank 4 CS
- SampleTank 4 SE
- SampleTank 4 (known as "Regular", according to what I've found on the website)
- SampleTank 4 MAX

It looks like "CS" versions mean "Custom Shop", which is the free version of a given product. The next (paid) step up is "SE", but IK doesn't tell you what the hell that means (I'll go with "Standard Edition"). If you just see a standalone product name (e.g., "SampleTank 4"), then that is their "regular" version (i.e., a step above "SE"), according to what I've found on the site. And then you have "MAX", of course.

jggrant wrote:i have a similar question. I've also recently upgraded to MAX, and there's so many items in my Product Manager! That is a very good position to be in, but it can be a little confusing.

For example, I've installed Syntronik 2, and all the Syntronik sound files. I assume that I don't need the earlier Syntronik (1) software, or the very large soundfiles for Syntronik Deluxe. It would just be doubling up some of the Syntronik 2 content, wouldn't it? Is that correct?

Likewise with Modo Bass 2. If I install Modo Bass 2, I assume I don't need to install Modo Bass 1. Is that right?

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but it's not clear from looking at my Product Manager.

Thanks!
John.

My O.C.D. felt I had to install everything in my Product Manager, but a bit of a rundown:

- you do not need previous versions of software (e.g., AmpliTube 4 over AmpliTube 5, Syntronik over Syntronik 2, etc.; I wish I could at least remove the previous versions, though)

- everything in Syntronik Deluxe is included in Syntronik 2 (it looks like "Deluxe" was just a Syntronik 1 upgrade including 5 more synthesizers)

- that is entirely dependent on which version of MODO Bass 2 you're talking about. If you're like me, a fellow Total Studio 3.5 MAX user, then you only have MODO Bass 2 CS available. It only has one bass (and reduced features) that are already included in MODO Bass 1. See here (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... p=versions) for the comparison sheet.

CORRECTION: just opened up MODO Bass 2 CS to find all of my MODO Bass content in there. So... I guess MODO Bass 2 CS, despite being the free version, carries over all old content and unlocks it. You'd only be missing the MODO Bass 2 content (i.e., the latest stuff that came out after MODO Bass).

Looks like this falls under my first point of "You do not need previous versions of software", then!
Metallica93

Postby jggrant » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:48 am

DarkStar wrote:Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum,...

Thanks, DarkStar, for good suggestions, as always.
However, Bruce and I weren't really looking for technical support. There's no technical issue, we just wanted some advice about what specifically needs to be installed.
And I now see that you have even offered good advice on this subject, here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And, thanks so much to Metallica92 for offering excellent advice.

It would be ideal if something like this was available in the IK website, for everyone to see. Because it's still quite confusing, and I remain unsure that I've actually installed everything properly.

Best regards!
John.
jggrant

Postby Metallica93 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:57 am

jggrant wrote:And, thanks so much to Metallica92 for offering excellent advice.

It would be ideal if something like this was available in the IK website, for everyone to see. Because it's still quite confusing, and I remain unsure that I've actually installed everything properly.

Best regards!
John.

Glad I could assist! I feel like I'm figuring this out as I go as I'm not finding any good documentation, which is the most painful part. DarkStar's previous comments have been helpful, but they don't have Total Studio 3.5 MAX, for reference.

Here's hoping Support gets back to me this week.
Metallica93

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:15 pm

Yep, I do not have the TS3,5 MAX product (having acquired many of the individual products over the years) so I cannot be 100% sure ;) (And I am "he" :))
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:10 pm

DarkStar wrote:Yep, I do not have the TS3,5 MAX product (having acquired many of the individual products over the years) so I cannot be 100% sure ;) (And I am "he" :))

I did not realize that DarkStar did not have Total Studio 3.5 MAX. That is good to know with regard to installation questions.

FWIW, from my scanning of the forum posts of late, it looks like the following users hopped on the "MAX" version when it became available, and would possibly have insights about their particular install process successes/issues specific to that version...

Metallica93
jggrant
Bruce Sokolovic
Chris Heinen (yours truely)

Just pointing this out since I mistakenly assumed DarkStar had insight into MAX-specific stuff...
ChrisHeinen

Postby Metallica93 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:05 pm

Just an update that I received my new flash drive yesterday, so the plan is to install the sound content on another hard drive and compare that to what I currently have installed from the original flash drive, IK Product Manager, and "My Products" web page (assuming this flash drive is not also corrupt...).

But IK's support was just... not helpful. I'm grateful for the new flash drive, sure, but they just skipped over any of the questions I had: how large x parent folder is, how many files x folder is supposed to have, why the "My Products" page contains .zip files that IK Product Manager is missing, etc.

Guess I'm finding out all of this on my own now...
Metallica93

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:28 pm

Just an update that I received my new flash drive yesterday, so the plan is to install the sound content on another hard drive and compare that to what I currently have installed from the original flash drive, IK Product Manager, and "My Products" web page (assuming this flash drive is not also corrupt...).

That sounds like progress! Will you be installing the products in any particular order? Will you be not installing any particular products? Will you be reinstalling any software or only installing sounds?
ChrisHeinen

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:51 pm

I suggest installing one program at a time.

After that run each program and specify the folder for the sounds library. Then install the sounds libraries, again one product at a time.

I would be interested to know how the IK Product Manager uses the USB drive. Do you just select the drive as IKPM's "downloads" folder? (Nope, I've never used the USB option either :))
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Metallica93 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:48 pm

ChrisHeinen wrote:That sounds like progress! Will you be installing the products in any particular order? Will you be not installing any particular products? Will you be reinstalling any software or only installing sounds?

Change of plans to save me some cutting/pasting. The old flash drive was from June/July of 2022 and I'd like to keep my eventual install guide as up-to-date as possible for anyone else struggling, so I will move forward with the assumption that this new flash drive is the latest and greatest with the most up-to-date files and fixes (e.g., the old flash drive had a "Syntronik 2 CS" parent folder with the four SampleTank 4 .pak files in the "Library Info" folder, for some reason; this appears to be fixed/removed with the new flash drive).

I will simply install Total Studio 3.5 MAX straight from the new flash drive as any new user would.

The install order will be as follows:

1) Run "Windows Total Studio 3.5 MAX Installer.exe". This will install all of the programs, first, and allow me to choose the location for the sound content/V.S.T./V.S.T. 3 folders.

2) Open IK Product Manager and update all programs. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is the big one because the latest version requires the previous version to be installed, first, or else you'll hit that .vpa issue where the latest version won't open. You can also remove the installers (which take up a decent chunk of space) once you're finished.

3) Open the "Sound Content" folder on the new flash drive and install the "Install [program] Sound Content.exe" folders starting with SampleTank 4, then SampleTank 3, then Syntronik 2, then SampleTron 2.

4) I will then begin the arduous process of comparing everything I just installed to what is on my internal backup drive: what I was able to download from the old flash drive, IK Product Manager, and missing files I found in the "My Products" web page.

This will be a full and complete installation of Total Studio 3.5 MAX because the goal is to back up everything, even if I don't use it for months or years. I want this process to be as straightforward for users as possible and give folks the peace of mind that I clearly lack.

DarkStar wrote:I suggest installing one program at a time.

After that run each program and specify the folder for the sounds library. Then install the sounds libraries, again one product at a time.

I would be interested to know how the IK Product Manager uses the USB drive. Do you just select the drive as IKPM's "downloads" folder? (Nope, I've never used the USB option either :))

The flash drive installs IK Product Manager, which then allows you to update the programs. For example, everything on the old flash drive needed to be updated. I'm unsure which versions of the software are on the new flash drive as it's been 6+ months.

The default location for the IK Product Manager updates is, uh... your Documents folder? I'll update that in the big ol' guide I make because you can delete all of those installer files when you're done since they take up a decent chunk of space.
Metallica93

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More