Total Studio 3.5 MAX - Provisioning Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio 3.5 MAX - Provisioning Question

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:22 pm

Hello fellow IKM users,

Would anyone know (or could look on their system) to give me a summary of how much space each virtual instrument sound library will occupy once installed?

For example, how much space does a full install of SampleTank 4 MAX, vs SampleTron 2, vs Syntronik 2, vs Hammond B-3X, vs Miroslav Philharmonik 2, vs Modo Bass 1.5, vs Modo Drum 1.0 occupy?

Also, is there a summary of how much space the virtual FX will occupy once installed? For example, how much space does a full install of AmpliTube 5 MAX, vs T-RackS 5 MAX, vs MixBox, vs Lurssen Mastering Console occupy?

I took advantage of the Total Studio 3.5 Max bundle currently on sale, and I'm in the process of figuring out how to manage disk space for all the content, and it would help to have these numbers.

Thanks in advance...
Chris
ChrisHeinen

Re: Total Studio 3.5 MAX - Provisioning Question

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:36 pm

For the big sounds libraries, the Specs tab for each product page on the web site lists the disk space required.

The software for each product is between 0.5 and 4 (?) GB (Yes, that sounds like a lot to me, too.)

Or, once you have downloaded and install the IK Product Manager and Registered your product(s) you will also see the size of the sounds library files listed there too. Note you will temporarily need twice the space for any download - once for the downloaded file ad secondly for the installed files.

Read the IKPM Tips thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365

Can you answer one question for me? How any Serial Numbers do you get for TS3.5 MAX? One that covers everything or one for each product? Or ..?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Hi DarkStar,
I received one serial number for the package.
Thanks for your help/info.
I will review the Specs tab for each product for sizing.
Chris
ChrisHeinen

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 am

Provisioning Numbers as of Jan 2023
--------------------------------------------
SampleTank 4 MAX ..........300GB
Syntronik 2 ...................100GB
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 .....58GB
ModoDrum 1.0 ................20GB
SampleTron 2 .................10GB
AmpliTube 5 MAX ..............3GB
Hammond B-3X ..................700MB
TRackS 5 MAX - (unknown)
MixBox - (unknown)
ModoBass 1.5 - (unknown)
ChrisHeinen

Postby Bruce Sokolovic » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:01 pm

A little confused as to the installer. The installer installs a zip file. In that sip file is an installer plus a sounds file. When you run THAT installer, it seems to copy the same sound file that’s there. Is this necessary???
Bruce Sokolovic

Postby ChrisHeinen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:10 am

Hi Bruce,
You are further along than me when it comes to installing this beast (LOL). I'm still shopping for an appropriate drive to add to my (modest) PC rig. I'll have to defer your question to someone else (DarkStar, perhaps)...

Sorry I can't help yet,
Chris
ChrisHeinen

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:04 pm

Bruce Sokolovic wrote:A little confused as to the installer. The installer installs a zip file. In that sip file is an installer plus a sounds file. When you run THAT installer, it seems to copy the same sound file that’s there. Is this necessary???

I am confused too ;)

Which installer a you referring to?
Which .zip file?
What have you done so far?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Metallica93 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Bruce Sokolovic wrote:A little confused as to the installer. The installer installs a zip file. In that sip file is an installer plus a sounds file. When you run THAT installer, it seems to copy the same sound file that’s there. Is this necessary???

According to IK Multimedia, it is. Personally, I prefer the .zip file's installer. When I'm downloading this much content, it's actually rather helpful to just click the installer once, check the file path, and have it install the sound content (although, there have been several occasions where it fails due to being unable to copy the Instruments despite me double and triple checking that all of the instruments are in there...).

ChrisHeinen wrote:Hi Bruce,
You are further along than me when it comes to installing this beast (LOL). I'm still shopping for an appropriate drive to add to my (modest) PC rig. I'll have to defer your question to someone else (DarkStar, perhaps)...

Sorry I can't help yet,
Chris

I bought the boxed version of Total Studio 3.5 MAX back in June on a sweet sale, but it's apparently corrupt. This entire endeavor certainly made me throw $250 on a couple of 2 TB drives to make sure I have everything downloaded and backed up. Such a mess...

Also, if you don't mind, would you let me know once you have everything installed? I sincerely appreciate you posting your findings in terms of GB, but knowing the exact number of files and folders is a much more accurate reassurance of whether or not I have everything downloaded and installed. Comparing those to someone else would give me a ton of peace of mind.

I might actually make a Total Studio 3.5 MAX reference guide with those numbers for this forum once I get everything set up. Without the flash drive's significantly easier installer, this is a bit of a nightmare to keep track of.
Metallica93

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:37 pm

@Metallica93 - Will do (meaning, I'll post info once I have it all installed). As of now, still waiting for a disk to ship, then can begin the process of installing. Looking like it may be several days yet before I can even start... Grrr... :x
ChrisHeinen

Postby Metallica93 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:58 pm

ChrisHeinen wrote:Provisioning Numbers as of Jan 2023
--------------------------------------------
SampleTank 4 MAX ..........300GB
Syntronik 2 ...................100GB
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 .....58GB
ModoDrum 1.0 ................20GB
SampleTron 2 .................10GB
AmpliTube 5 MAX ..............3GB
Hammond B-3X ..................700MB
TRackS 5 MAX - (unknown)
MixBox - (unknown)
ModoBass 1.5 - (unknown)

Updating this with my findings. Keep in mind that the following are for the Sound Content folders only. The directory for all of the following is D:\Music\V.S.T. Plug-Ins\Total Studio 3.5 MAX\[program]\[sub-folders]:

1) Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (2.0.6): no "Sound Content" folder (all files are under the SampleTank 3 folder)

2) MODO Drum (1.5.0)\Sound Content\MODO Drum: 0 folders, 10 files, 8.11 GB

3) SampleTank 4 (4.2.3)\Sound Content\SampleTank 4: 3,209 folders, 7,361 files, 219 GB

4) SampleTank 4 (4.2.3)\Sound Content (SampleTank 3)\SampleTank 3 (note: "Imported Instruments" and "Imported Samples" folders are both empty): 1,708 folders, 17,895 files, 123 GB

5) SampleTron 2 (2.0.4)\Sound Content\SampleTron 2: 420 folders, 852 files, 7.8 GB

6) Syntronik 2 (2.1.1)\Sound Content\Syntronik 2: 564 folders, 5,692 files, 75.7 GB

Other things to note:

1) I left 480 GB free on my hard drive as a reference point. The Total Studio 3.5 MAX flash drive said the install was 450 GB, so I'd have 30 GB left over. After having to manually download everything from IK Product Manager and the "My Products" web page, I'm left with 46.2 GB free (i.e., 433.8 GB taken up). Add the actual programs installed on in C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia (15.3 GB) and you get 449.1 GB total.

2) More recently, I've seen IK (and others) state that Total Studio 3.5 MAX is 470 GB, not 450. I don't know how to account for this extra 20 GB of content.

3) Total Studio 3.5 MAX installs Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE despite coming with Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Both are installed in separate folders (i.e., the same files aren't simply overwritten in the same directory), so I probably have missing content? I have no idea.

EDIT: for additional reference, IK Product Manager says I have 14 software products installed and all 103 sounds installed.
Metallica93

Postby ChrisHeinen » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:32 pm

Thanks for updating this. A bit different set of numbers than what was posted in the "Specs" website pages. Next week looks like I'll be able to start rolling these apps/libraries onto a new drive. Will be interesting to see what kind of totals I come up with...
ChrisHeinen

Postby Metallica93 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:29 pm

ChrisHeinen wrote:Thanks for updating this. A bit different set of numbers than what was posted in the "Specs" website pages. Next week looks like I'll be able to start rolling these apps/libraries onto a new drive. Will be interesting to see what kind of totals I come up with...

Keep in mind that the Specs page is a bit useless. Example:

- MODO Drum 1.5: "20 GB of storage space"

- MODO Drum 1.0: 3.03 GB for the program, 8.11 GB for the sound content, .09 GB for the V.S.T. and V.S.T. 3 files (11.23 GB total)

If 9 kits (and one "Common Elements" .pak) are averaging 1 GB per file, there's no way that the 3 extra kits from v1.5 come out to 3 GB each. Sadly, the individual drum kit pages don't even tell you the total file size, either.

My point is that the Spec page appears to be a very rough estimate with some overhead as a "just in case", but it's specific information we lack :/

I might try Support again since I haven't heard back from anyone via the forum.
Metallica93

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More