Miroslav_Philharmonik doesn't work

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav_Philharmonik doesn't work

Postby hellacoil » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:30 am

I installed the software. I've gone through all of IK's stringent security measures to make sure the software was purchased legit. I have a serial number. I bought a Reactivation Credit. Why does the software not work? Why has it become so difficult to get a product I paid for, downloaded, and installed working on my computer? Astonishing!
I'm not new. I've been using DAW's for 27 years! I've installed hundreds, if not thousands of VST's and VSTi's.
Simply astonishing.
I've contacted IK by email, and am told they will get back to me within a few days. This means I've paid for something I can't use for a few days. REALLY GUYS?!
hellacoil

Re: Miroslav_Philharmonik doesn't work

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration but posting that it "does not work" without giving any details does not help us help you.

I will guess that you have run into the " VPA problem" - the installation of the current version of MP2 is incomplete. To resolve it, go to your IK User Account on the web site, go to My Products and for Philharmonik, select Past Releases - download and install v2.0.5 (not using the IK Product Manager). After that you should be abele to install the current version (using the IKPM).

I do not know why IKM has not fixed this installation issue.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hellacoil » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:39 pm

This solved my problem 100%

Thank you very much. It is sad that the software developer has not repaired this problem. I will send the a letter asking them to get it fixed.

You've been a big help. Thank you.
hellacoil

Postby smrybacki59 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:28 am

DarkStar wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration but posting that it "does not work" without giving any details does not help us help you.

I will guess that you have run into the " VPA problem" - the installation of the current version of MP2 is incomplete. To resolve it, go to your IK User Account on the web site, go to My Products and for Philharmonik, select Past Releases - download and install v2.0.5 (not using the IK Product Manager). After that you should be abele to install the current version (using the IKPM).

So, I took your suggestion and it surely fixed the issue at hand.

However.

The interface is SO tiny, I literally can't make out the writing on the device. Also, installing the content was such a massive goat rope, I abandoned it altogether reasoning that I got the X-Devices for Amplitube, plus some nice effects and such with T-Racks that I feel I got a deal paying $69 just for that. The rest is gravy to me.

I do wonder if this particular software will ever be updated in terms of graphics - and if it does, I will lean in again and give it a shot.
smrybacki59

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:55 am

Personally I doubt that MP2 will be updated (I have no inside information).

But, you can load the MP2 instruments into SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 4 - that might help you. Give it a try.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby hellacoil » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:10 am

I used the above response to get my software woprking in both my Reaper DAW, and in stand alone mode. It's been several days since opening the software to use it again, and now I have no instruments available.

I have asked for a full refund, and was told "NO" by IK.

I don't enjoy complaining about a business on their own web site, but I'm a guitar tech. I set up hundreds of guitars every year. If a compaint is filed, I deal with it immediately.

This software has been a complete waste of time, and money. I'm going to spend a bit more time today trying to make the software work. Another waste of valuable creative time for me.

Shame on IK for this ridiculousness.
hellacoil

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:10 pm

^^^^
What is the full path name to the folder that contains the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders that contain the MP2 sounds? And what folder is selected in MP2's Preference Settings?

This FAQ might help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ChrisHeinen » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:07 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum.

I haven't yet started any downloads, but am "reading ahead" by reviewing the Product Manager manual so I can better understand the process and know what to expect. I came across this thread and was wondering (more from a nerd point of view) what the "VPA problem" is exactly. DarkStar - can you give any additional info on what fails during installation, and why using v2.0.5 of Philharmonik resolves it? Thanks in advance...
ChrisHeinen

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:19 pm

... Search the forum for "VPA"
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kalessin » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:06 pm

I am jumping in on this thread because although DarkStar is extremely helpful I want to back up the "user voice" to try and leverage more IKM support for Miroslav Philharmonik and other legacy instruments. I cannot use MP1 or MP2 or SampleTank for many of the same reasons outlined.

You can see my forum thread about this here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31665

I can't relate the level and quality of support I am getting from IKM at the moment to any other music software provider, including very small single plugin or loop suppliers, or of course Native Instrument, Steinberg etc.

However, I continue to hope it's not deliberately malicious, and I don't believe the staff are not competent.

If anyone has a line in to IK, is there anything any of you can do to help? I really think this should be a simple fix for any of their tech staff or for anyone who has some admin rights on the products, and to offer an occasional support call when people get really stuck would be truly appreciated.

[mod redacted - Zero tolerance policy on piracy discussion, note that further discussion of that topic will result in a ban from the forum. Also review the rest of the forum rules before posting]

Anyway, just my 2c and kudos again to DarkStar at least for "papering over the cracks" in a very helpful way for all of us.
kalessin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:31 pm

Just to say that I am a user too; I am not employed by IK Multimedia and do not speak for the company.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More