TotalStudioMax3.5: Install Syntronik Duplicates?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

TotalStudioMax3.5: Install Syntronik Duplicates?

Postby niclasschult » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:51 pm

Hi everyone and happy new year :)

I recently crossgraded to Total Studio Max 3.5 and am currently trying to install and backup the included sounds.
When installing the Syntronik 2 sounds I noticed that the IKPM shows installation files that were seemingly duplicates, one version for Syntronik 1 and one version for Syntronik 2..
Here is an example:

Do I need to install both of them or do they have the same content? (the file sizes are different, so I thought these might be separate instruments)

Also, do I need to install Syntronik Deluxe, if I already have installed all the Syntronik 2 instruments? Similarly, do I need to install the Sampletank 4 Sounds if I already have installed the Sampletank 4 MAX sounds?

Any help would be greatly aprreciated, thanks very much in advance!
niclasschult

Re: TotalStudioMax3.5: Install Syntronik Duplicates?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:17 pm

You need both. They are for the same synth.

The Syn downloads contain the "first generation" instruments and all the sample files. The Syn2 download contains the additional "second generation" instruments and the WaveSets.

If you install all the Syn and Syn2 libraries, then you do not need the Syn Deluxe library (that is, I think, all the individual Syn libraries bundled together). The same goes for SampleTank MAX.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby niclasschult » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, DarkStar!

One last question: Can I install them all to my Syntronik 2 Library Location or do I need to use a different one for Syntronik 1? Unfortunately, I think I installed some of them already to the Syntronik 2 location before I noticed, that these were libs for different versions... I have not opened them yet in Syntronik 2, but in Sampletank they seemed to work fine...

Thanks again!
niclasschult

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:09 pm

You do not need the Syn1 software. Syn2 will load and play both generations of Syntronik instruments. So you should be able to install them all into a single library path.

That's the theory. Here I had installed Syn1 years ago (into the SampleTank 3 library, so I could us it in ST3 too). I installed the Syn2 library into its own folder. Syn2 picked up the location of the Syn1 files OK.

If you can access all the Syntronik instruments in ST4 and Syn2 then all should be OK.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby niclasschult » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:16 am

Ah ok, perfect, I will do that. thanks very much again! You were a great help! Have a great 2023!
niclasschult

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More