Uninstalling Syntronik 1 and 2 and Sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Uninstalling Syntronik 1 and 2 and Sampletank 4

Postby noeqplease » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:50 pm

How do I UNINSTALL all these products?

The IK Multimedia Product Manager offers NO WAY TO UNINSTALL ANYTHING. Way to go.

That is horrible.

With both the Syntronik plug ins, they simply have NO SOUND BANKS. NONE. No matter how many times I rescan the libraries. NOTHING. What a horrible product!!!

I find the Sampletank 4 sounds to be NO GOOD, so I want to GET RID OF THEM.

This all takes up too much disc space, they need to go.

I am on a Macintosh OSX 12.6.2 Monterey.
noeqplease

Re: Uninstalling Syntronik 1 and 2 and Sampletank 4

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:39 pm

I believe that there is an uninstaller in the downloaded installer file.

Please see your other post re the Syntronik sounds.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby noeqplease » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:44 pm

DarkStar wrote:I believe that there is an uninstaller in the downloaded installer file.

Yeah, well, how does one get to said installer file? I detest when software companies stash their stuff in some secret folder which is a lot of work to get to, including NO MENTION on their website as to how to remove their products. Bad form on their part.

Let me guess, I have to install the products again, and then go on an archaeological expedition in my hard drive, and then perhaps there is an "uninstall" option. I will try. But if that does not work, I'm going "scorched earth" and erasing anything related to these products manually.

On their webpage, under my products, the only thing possible to download is the PRODUCT MANAGER application. So I cannot possibly download an individual installer to test your idea.

I so wish IK would not make this so hard to uninstall their products. Really.
noeqplease

Postby noeqplease » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:13 pm

DarkStar wrote:I believe that there is an uninstaller in the downloaded installer file.

So I reinstalled both Syntronik 1 and 2.

On one of them, Syntronik 2, it then proceeds to try to install the SOUND CONTENT. So I clicked on "proceed" and NOTHING happens. Maybe this is the issue with that software? Syntronik 1 gave me no option to install the SOUND content after reinstalling it.

I then found the installer packages (why does IK Multimedia keep full installers on my system drive, that is taking up TOO MUCH SPACE, 8.5 GB !!! ) And proceeded to uninstall both Syntronik 1 and 2.

With no change in my drive space. Did it uninstall anything? Who knows.

When I open the IK Product Manager app, syntronik 2 appears as "install" option, but syntronik 1 still appears as INSTALLED. So, this whole exercise was futile.

I am now going through my hard drive and ERASING anything related to Syntronik 1 and 2 BY HAND. Like we used to have to do 20 years ago.

I wish I could send them an invoice for my wasted time.
noeqplease

Postby smrybacki59 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:14 pm

I totally agree with the OP, but I have figured out how to address this almost in spite of IK Multimedia:

1. Unauthorize the product(s) you wish to banish from your Product Manager Listing and computer.
2. Open Control Panel-> Programs and Features (or Apps->Installed Apps) and locate the product you wish to uninstall. Personally, I used the Control Panel->Programs and Features option because you can sort on the publisher making the find much easier.
3. Uninstall the app as you would any other app.
4. Go to your Documents folder (on my machine which is Windows 11 Home, it is called Documents...might be My Documents on Windows 10).
5. Locate the IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager folder therein and open it. You should see directories for every IK product you have installed. Find the folder that matches your uninstalled product's name, and delete it. This delete's the installer package which is why the next step works.
6. Open the IK Product manager if it isn't still open.. On the black Menu Bar, click the Refresh button. You product will still be listed, but the green "Installed" indicator is changed to black "Install", meaning the Product Manager is not finding that product anymore.
7. Get yourself a Cola, and repeat as necessary for all other undesired installations by IK.

Hope that helps.
smrybacki59

Postby lniemela » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:20 pm

Its a totally mess with alot of soundfiles... The support from Ik-Multimedia is also not a great thing :oops: I was so inspired when i first uppgraded to Sampletank 4 max but now im just confused...really CONFUSED...
I feel that i have to unistall every singel file from this instalasjon... I hav tried to put all of my soundfiles over to a external hardrive (usb 3.0 physical driv not SSD) It works but a external SSD drive will run smooth i think..
IK-Multimedia should don a better job with this produkt because the way it is today with eg. Sampletank 4 MAX with about 100 GIG thats a total disaster... SORRY FOLKs
I feel mad and confused :oops: :oops: :oops:
lniemela

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More