Bugs in Sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Bugs in Sampletank 4

Postby JesterMgee0 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:44 pm

I have a support ticket open, waiting for a reply....

First one is probably not a bug just a major disappointment/frustration.

Automation for controls requires parameters to be right-clicked and enabled for host control. Not unusual when there are many "flexible" parameters, however, many of the parameters are "fixed" in that they never disappear (such as the macros, mixer vol etc). I use hardware controllers (Ableton Push, Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard) which I create a template to control the instrument from the hardware but I discover that when I map automation, the moment I switch to a new instrument preset ALL mapping is erased making it completely useless to use with hardware.

I would like to see mapping for all "global" parameters remain in the automation list when changing presets, I mean there is the ability to clear this ourselves or even individual mappings so why is this reset when changing instruments??

Second issue is an actual bug:
If I map these effects On/Off parameters so I can switch off effects for an instrument:

When I save a project in Ableton Live, or an instrument rack or just a NKS preset in Komplete Kontrol or Maschine, when I recall this ALL the On/Off mappings are set to control only the effect 1 control.

Since the actual plugin data dump is just raw XML I have scanned this and located the section where automation mapping is and it seems the plugin is dumping Slot0 as the control ID for all these instead of the actual effects slot number so on recall they all control the first effect.

Wanting to confirm this and find out when this bug will be fixed?
JesterMgee0

Re: Bugs in Sampletank 4

Postby JesterMgee0 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:04 am

So I reported this through to support, this was confirmed as a bug but still no word if/when this will be addressed and because there is no tiucket system, I have no idea if anyone even knows about this that needs to know.

I sent a follow-up last week to the reply email I received the confirmed bug from, but still no word.

Can someone PLEASE confirm this is logged and if it will be fixed in the near future? 4 months is a bit long to wait to use this software correctly.
JesterMgee0

Re: Bugs in Sampletank 4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:58 pm

Only IK Support can confirm if they logged something as a bug. The admins/moderators of this board are not IK Support reps (and most are not directly associated or employed by IK).

For any support tickets you feel are not handled to your satisfaction please check the guidelines thread for more information viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More