Best pads for modo drum and SampleTank

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Best pads for modo drum and SampleTank

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:36 am

Looking for suggestions on pads to purchase to use with Modo Drums and/or Sampletank. Looking for something that is literally plug and play like the irig pads were. I don't have knowledge of midi mapping.

Would a Machine MK 3 work out of the box without having to do any mapping?
vac713

Re: Best pads for modo drum and SampleTank

Postby RobertCMontgomery » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:28 pm

As far as I can tell, there is really no way to map your own sounds on anything in this software.
I just bought it, but after 4 days ot looking for some kind of tutorial, there seems to be little to no actual custom set ups on this software, its a buy, buy, buy system, meaning, anything you want to do, costs more and does not allow any custom set up at all. You pay for them.

Like for me, i have a large drum set. I cant seem to map any sounds for my toms. Its all auto set up, aka, 15 possible sounds, when i need 21 sounds for my kit to be maxed, all drums having a sound that is.

I cant find a way to map the midi pads at all, or how to create my own instrument, and funny, the forums, no one can really answer anything except, yea, they sell that. You can buy, seems to be the largest search term here and i guess ive mad a mistake buying this software.

It doesnt do much beyond offer more preset instruments for more investment, that for me does not work out much. Almost all other softwares allow custom set ups.

So i have to make wav files of all the samples, then rely on another software to do what i need to do, lol, kinda funny.

They spend a lot on advertising, they spend nothing on tutorials. The software is great for people who have no idea how to make instruments, or wpeople who want to use pads and trigger their own sounds.

My post is a week old so far, not a comment at all, yours is over a year. lol

Guess its time to check into other drumming software, besides the sounds, i threw my money into the fire... the software is useless to me.
RobertCMontgomery

Postby vac713 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:17 pm

vac713

Postby RobertCMontgomery » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:09 pm

So Machine is yet another software maker, not samplespank? lol

Really was a fail buying this stuff. EZ drummer looks best for what i want to do.

I play drum kit, not midi bank hardware items, it may set up the same though.

Checking that video out though, thanks.
RobertCMontgomery

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More