Hammon b3x Midi Setup - Roland A800 Pro [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammon b3x Midi Setup - Roland A800 Pro [Resolved]

Postby j7m1gmgmail » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi Folks, newbie to the music software world. I bought Total Studio Max 3.5, downloaded the Hammons B3X via Product Manager, Standalone app opens fine (laptop windows 10) and when pushing the keyboard on the app via the mouse there is sound all works as expected. In Audio/Midi settings I have the following
Technology = Asio
Output device = Axe IO Asio
Left Channel = Out 1
Right Channel = Out 2
Midi Input = Any

There is no sound when I try to play via my Roland A800 Pro, connected via usb to the laptop.
There is sound from my laptop keyboard keys
When I use the daw to open the B3X (Cakewalk) I get the same results, all works as expected but no sound from Roland keyboard keys, when I record it does record the midi notes but no sound on play back.

Any help appreciated. Thanks a mill.
j7m1gmgmail

Re: Hammon b3x Midi Setup Standalone Roland A800 Pro

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:02 pm

As the notes can be recorded in your DAW and clicking the B-3X's keyboard triggers sound, the connections are OK.

Have a look in the Hammond B-3X's Preference Settings and see if the MIDI channels match those of your keyboard (or the recorded MIDI notes). See the B-3X User Manual, section 1.8.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby j7m1gmgmail » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:12 pm

Thanks a mill Darkstar, I had thos set and tried lots of things with this for the last two days, in the end it was on my Roland Keyboard end the issue was, there are buttons to change keyboard to split dual upper and lower with each holding a midi value, I needed those to match the Hammond midi channels of 1 & 2. I now have sound, now to try mapping all the other fun stuff :-). Thanks again for the reply.
j7m1gmgmail

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:28 pm

You're welcome. :)

---------------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar issues do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More