ST4 Full or Partial Installation

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Full or Partial Installation

Postby modalmojo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 am

Can ST4 be partially installed in order to perform, or must it be fully installed (250GB)?

Thanks!
modalmojo

Re: ST4 Full or Partial Installation

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:32 am

As long as you install the software, you can install part of the library. There may be some tidying up to do, though (I do not know what as I've never done it).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby modalmojo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info.

I started to download ST4 Max, but then the IK Product Manager directed me to install ST4 before downloading ST4 Max. Is this the correct way to install ST4 Max?
modalmojo

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Not sure what you are seeing.

But you need to Register the ST4 Max Serial Number, install the ST4 software, Authorize it. Then you should be able to download/install the ST4 MAX library (or those parts of it that you want, assuming they are available in the IK Product Manager).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby modalmojo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:07 am

Thanks for the advice.

I finally have SampleTank 4 Max installed which shows "Download size 185.2GB" in the IK Product Manager. For some reason SampleTank 4 CS is also installed (Download size 2.8GB), but I don't remember I chose to install it.

Sorry for my silly question:

In the IK Product Manager, I see that SampleTank 4 is not installed and it says: "Download size: 81.7GB (4 of 40 files remaining)", why does it say "4 of 40 files remaining"? Do I need to install this on top of SampleTank 4 Max?
modalmojo

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:22 pm

I don't think so.

Other users may chip in with suggestions. Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More