I see only 8 electric guitars in ST4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

I see only 8 electric guitars in ST4

Postby bluebird69 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:06 am

Today when I was looking for an electric guitar on my newly installed ST4 Max I could only find 8 when setting the filter for electric.
I'm quite sure I played around with a lot more than 8 the other day.
When I check IK's page of included instruments, there should be 200-300 or so.
My daw crashed yesterday when I was playing around in ST, if that could have something to do with it?
I tried rescanning the folders again, but no luck with that.

What library/folder should the majority of the electric guitars be in?

Is there an actual way of verifying that all installed presets are showing up in ST?
I mean, this could mean that there's a lot more than guitars missing.

https://imgur.com/a/rnUYUwZ
bluebird69

Re: I see only 8 electric guitars in ST4

Postby bluebird69 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:12 am

Well this is depressing.
I uninstalled and deleted everything ST4 related, every single instrument and sample too.
Then I reinstalled the ST4 application and pointed it to an empty folder called "Sample Tank 4" on a non-OS drive.
After that I went to the IKM manager to reinstall only the ST4 Max library.
I used the "reinstall library" function.
Initially it seemed fine, until it started to put all the libraries who weren't named "ST4" in the Syntronik 2 folder which I never even pointed to in the first place.
So what now?
I want the samples and the libraries where they're supposed to be, not like mixed up with Syntronik or in a complete mess.
I really don't understand what's going on.
bluebird69

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:37 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions. Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bluebird69 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:43 pm

Hi Darkstar, thanks.
I managed to solve the issue now, installing all the sounds manually instead. Now the guitars are back again so all is well.
bluebird69

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More