Miroslav 2 content installs, but not the plugin

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav 2 content installs, but not the plugin

Postby borralbi » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:20 am

I purchased Total Studio MAX 3.5 this month and everything installed fine. SampleTank with all the libraries, Syntronik, etc.

But I can't for the life of me figure out what went wrong with the Miroslav 2 installation. I followed the instructions like on all the other plugins. But even after searching for the file on my OS (Win 10 64 bit) I am not able to find the VST3 nor VST.
The sound libraries are recognized fine in SampleTank, though.

The funny thing is, that I only bought Total Studio MAX to get Miroslav Philharmonic. Now everything else works fine apart from that :lol:

Is there anything special about the Miroslav plugin that I need to know?
IK Multimedia. Money First.
borralbi

Re: Miroslav 2 content installs, but not the plugin

Postby Promidi » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:57 am

The exact names for the MP2 plugin files are as follows:

Philharmonik 2.dll for the VST2
Philharmonik 2.vst3 for the VST3

On my Windows 10 64 bit PC, I had to install Miroslav Philharmonik 2.05, then install 2.06.

I have both of these working inside my DAW (Cakewalk by Bandlab 2022.11 Build 13)

In my IKM product area, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is listed as a separate product.

However, as you have Total Studio MAX, I am not sure where the installers would be on your IKM customer area.

No harm looking though.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

If you do find Miroslav Philharmonik 2 in your IKM customer area, the previous version will be listed under “Past Releases”
Promidi

Postby borralbi » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:05 pm

Thanks!! That really helped, actually. I had been looking for a file with "Miroslav" in it. No wonder I didn't find anything :roll:

It still doesn't show up in REAPER (v6.70) though. But maybe I will have to do a complete re-scan of my plugins. Will report back... Thanks again!
borralbi

Postby borralbi » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:18 pm

OK, I got a step further now.

After reinstalling Miroslav from the IK Product Manager I got the following error when trying to open the stand-alone program or scan the VST3 in REAPER:

Code: Select all
Can't load C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Philharmonik 2.vpa

Does anyone know what went wrong here?
borralbi

Postby Promidi » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:06 am

You need to install version 2.05 of MP2 first before installing 2.06

IKM product manager would have just installed 2.06

Did you look for an older installer of MP2 in your IKM customer area?
Promidi

Postby borralbi » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:28 am

Thanks for pointing it out - again! I didn't quite understand from your previous post that I had to install v2.0.5 first. Now I finally have it working!

This forum is so much better than the official IK support. Nothing in the FAQs, no reply to my email...

Thanks again, you really made my day!
borralbi

Postby myconsumerclub » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:23 pm

I wass having a pproblem with miroslav and checked my version I have the latest and my content on the left was not showing up but I changed the folder name on my d drive were I was storing my sound content and that made it load up.

I also changed the name of my link to the sounds in my software settings to link to the sounds.

Originally I had named the file "ik multimedia"and I changed it to "ikmultimedia" and that change worked to make my sounds show up.
myconsumerclub

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More