Syntronik 2 MAX update issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 MAX update issues

Postby kenth0 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:53 pm

When are IK-devs going to learn to make an update routine that actually works?
Like an update that checks if the sounds to the app already are installed?
Or that a program that is needed already is installed?
Everytime there is an update, it feels lika playing a game of russian roulette with a six-shooter, there one round holds the working option...
That was one of the reasons I decided to uninstall my ST4 MAX some time ago...

Your products are awesome when they work but it's just tragic that a badly programmed updateroutine shall ruin the otherwise great experience and joy of them!

Today I updated my Syntronik 2 MAX today through the IKPM as you recommended in your newsletter.
It updates, and I installed it...so far so good...
Then it wants me to install the sounds...but I already have all sounds installed!!!
Does the installation cares about that or gives any option like...of course not...!
Instead it shows me a warning that I dont have a network...but it's up and running at maximal 500 mbit/s speed!
I then continued with the installation, and then it says it can't continue because I dont have ST3 and ST4 installed!
Why should I need to have those installed to use Syntronix interface???
Then I got so extremely fed up with this badly developed update that I closed it...
And now it says in the IKPM that it is installing...?

When I open Syntronik 2 MAX it seems to work...
But how shall I know that everyting is OK?
Opened the IKPM again and it now says it's installed...???
Thankfully, there were no problems with TonexMAX and Amplitube, probably because they dont involve any soundlibs.

Yes, it might look that this is a rant, but why is this happening over and over and over again every single time there is an update???
kenth0

Re: Syntronik 2 MAX update issues

Postby kenth0 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 am

Correction, I did not install the Tonex update...
But i just tried, and guess what...it failed...totally...warning, error message...sigh... :roll:
But I will take that topic to the in Tonex, Amplitube Forum...
kenth0

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:54 am

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Sounds like you might need some help (or additional help) from the IK Support team. I'm sure they can get everything settled for you and figure out what's going on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kenth0 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 pm

[mod redacted please review the rules before posting and great to hear you are seeking direct official technical support. No need to further malign anybody/anything beyond that]
kenth0

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More