ST4 keeps forgetting few libraries. Have to re-add everytime

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 keeps forgetting few libraries. Have to re-add everytime

Postby shrivats » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 am

Hello,

I have installed ST4 & have installed all my SampleTank4 libraries in a certain folder 'M:\IKM'

When I select & add all these libraries in 'Sound Content' tab of ST4, they all show up in that instance of ST4.

But when I open up a new instance of ST4, there are a few libraries missing, and they have to be again individually selected and added in 'Sound Content' folder, and then they work.

This is so frustrating. Everytime I open up ST4, I have to re-add some libraries again in Sound Content folder! :(

Please help me. What could be the solution here?

Thanks.
shrivats

Re: ST4 keeps forgetting few libraries. Have to re-add every

Postby shrivats » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:22 am

I even re-installed the missing libraries but ST4 keeps forgetting them! Those are - The Grid & Terry Bozzio Drums.

I have to re-add them in 'Sound Content' tab everytime to use those. BTW I am a MAX STUDIO 3.5 user.

Please help if anybody has solution.
shrivats

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:16 pm

Where is your main ST4 library installed?

And are those problem 2 installed into the main ST4 folder? If not what is the path name to the folders containing the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders (and other stuff) for all 3 libraries?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby shrivats » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Thank you Darkstar for replying.

These 2 libraries are installed where all other libraries (which are working) are installed i.e. 'M:\IKM'.

All the other libraries in 'M:\IKM' have their own folders in which their samples & instruments are stored. But only 'The Grid' & 'Terry Bozzio Drums' have to be re-added everytime I open ST4!

What do I do?
shrivats

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:19 pm

I think that that may be the cause of the problem.

The short answer may be "move them". If you can give more details of the exact path locations of your various libraries we might be able to give further advice. And, how about those file extensions?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby shrivats » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Thanks DarkStar for helping me out.

My exact structure is like this -
'M:\IKM'
Now in this 'IKM' Folder, I have all of the ST4 libraries with their folders like -
Elektronika_Nanotube (Subfolders - Effect Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Samples)
Elektronika_DeepHouse
ST4_MAX_SOUNDS
HITMAKER_SYNTHWAVE
HITMAKER_TRAP
Etc, etc

All these folder contain the usual subfolders (like mentioned above) - Effect Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Samples.

Now this structure works for all libraries except The Grid & Terry Bozzio, which is very puzzling as well as frustrating! :? :(

I haven't touched any file extensions, they are as usual. When I re-add these missing libraries in 'Sound Content' folder, they work!
shrivats

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:26 pm

In that case, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

Please let us know what the resolution is.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More