SampleTank Suddenly Stops Working

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank Suddenly Stops Working

Postby Bobby T » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Greetings all

This is my first post here in this forum. I'm hoping someone can help me get this problem I'm having cleared up.

I was playing a SampleTank 4 (all newest updates) grand piano on my MIDI controller keyboard yesterday when suddenly it just cut out. No sound, no meters moving in the DAW. Nothing. If I play SampleTank's virtual keyboard on the bottom with the mouse I can hear it. But not I play it on my controller.

I've recorded some songs prior to this problem and the existing ST tracks play as they should. But if I put in a new ST instrument in the same song, I get nothing.

I've done a lot of songs with SampleTank and have never had any problems with it. Up until now. Like I say, it happened all of a sudden. I, for sure, haven't touched any settings that may have caused this. It has been purring along for the longest time.

All the rest of my vsts... Addictive Drums 2, all Cakewalk's vsts and all are still working fine.

This happened using Cakewalk BbB but it is the same thing using Reaper. When I want to add a ST instrument it shows up in my vst 3 list, it inserts the track and shows up on that track. It just doesn't work.

Would anyone be able to let me know what happened and how I might fix this problem?

So much appreciated

/Bobby
Bobby T

Re: SampleTank Suddenly Stops Working

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:17 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, please contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs, first as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:20 pm

what are your midi driver settings and audio settings in ST4? has anything changed?
darkogav

Postby Bobby T » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:59 am

Thanks for the comeback... much appreciated.

No, no settings were changed. It was working just fine. Like I said, I was actually recording a part and while I was playing it just cut out. I was doing this in CbB. I then tried it in Reaper. Same thing. I tried it in stand alone. Same thing. This is the first time I've had a problem with Sample Tank since I installed it a couple of years ago.

Again, I'll mention that all my other virtual instruments are working fine.

Bobby
Bobby T

Postby Bobby T » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:04 am

Well... after hours of trying to figure out what went wrong with SampleTank refusing to play in both Cakewalk by Bandlab and Reaper, I have found that for some reason I can not play ANY VST 3 plugins. I'm at a total loss as to what to do next. As I've said, they play when I press the virtual keyboard with my mouse but will not play from my keyboard controller.
It just baffles me the way whatever setting just changed without any warning.

I installed NI Kpmplete Select today, and it won't work either.

If anyone could direct me to the setting I need to adjust to fix this problem, it would certainly be appreciated.

I'm using a Focusrite 8i6 with Focusrite Control. I didn't touch any settings in it.

Thanks again
Bobby
Bobby T

Postby darkogav » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Does the MIDI keyboard send any signals at all to the computer? Is the MIDI channel set correctly? And you sure you are picked the Focusrite interface in the VIs correctly?
darkogav

Postby Bobby T » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:54 am

Yes... when I hit a key on my controller the meter moves in my DAW.
My MIDI channels are correctly picked. That being said, no setting has been changed since the last time I loaded an instrument and it worked as it should have. Focusrite has been picked for my MIDI in/out settings.

It's just so strange (and frustrating) for this to happen right out of the blue. Like I said, it happened while I was playing a piano.
Bobby T

Postby slagpile » Tue May 30, 2023 1:02 am

I had a simular problem and it turned out to be the "Audio" settings. I set the settings to "ASIO" then go to the panel and set the outputs ( do not use hap 1 and 2). This seemed to dolve the problem. Hope this helps.
slagpile

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More