How do you make Miroslav Philharmonik 2's strings loop?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do you make Miroslav Philharmonik 2's strings loop?

Postby Jeremykh2 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:20 pm

Some of the patches like solo violin play for a few seconds while a note is held, but then the sample ends. Is there a way to get continuous sound so I can program long notes?
Jeremykh2

Re: How do you make Miroslav Philharmonik 2's strings loop?

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 am

Jeremykh2 wrote:Some of the patches like solo violin play for a few seconds while a note is held, but then the sample ends. Is there a way to get continuous sound so I can program long notes?

Which specific patch are you using? I just loaded Violin Sus 4,0 mp LP into Part 2 (assigned to midi channel 2) and pressed a single note on my usb/midi keyboard. I got tired of holding it down so, I turned on CC64 and it has been sustaining for the past 5 minutes with no end in sight.

EDIT: I turned CC64 off after 25 minutes and the solo violin sound executed its release as expected. By any chance are you trying to sustain one of the solo violin patches that doesn't sustain?
Steve-xyz

Postby Jeremykh2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:
Jeremykh2 wrote:Some of the patches like solo violin play for a few seconds while a note is held, but then the sample ends. Is there a way to get continuous sound so I can program long notes?

Which specific patch are you using? I just loaded Violin Sus 4,0 mp LP into Part 2 (assigned to midi channel 2) and pressed a single note on my usb/midi keyboard. I got tired of holding it down so, I turned on CC64 and it has been sustaining for the past 5 minutes with no end in sight.

EDIT: I turned CC64 off after 25 minutes and the solo violin sound executed its release as expected. By any chance are you trying to sustain one of the solo violin patches that doesn't sustain?

Think it was 1st Violin. Maybe it was one of the non sustaining patches. I will try what you did, thanks!
Jeremykh2

Postby Jeremykh2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 am

Steve-xyz wrote:

Just tried that patch... the notes still end after a couple seconds :(
Jeremykh2

Postby Jeremykh2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:20 am

Oh wait... does LP mean loop? I don't have LP for all instruments, just some like solo Viola and 14 Violins
Jeremykh2

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:02 am

I don't know what all the preset naming conventions are. That would be a good question to ask IK Support. I looked in the manuals and did an on-line search and didn't find any naming documentation.

I also went to Strings - Ensemble - Violins - Violins Sustain. I have 14 presets that start with 14 Violins Sustain in the name. Seven of them end with LP in the name. Not sure if LP is short for Loop Point or if its just coincidental. I didn't do anything special, but all of the presets with LP sustained when I held the keys down and then set CC64.

Maybe it was dumb luck that I tried the Sustain / LP presets and they worked. I assume support should know what LP means. Maybe other users can help?

Yesterday I also tried tried a Multi / KS preset, but the Sustain articulation didn't give me infinite sustain. Today I looked at 14 Violins Sustain pp LP in the edit section. With CC64 set (latched/infinite sustain) when I lowered the sustain level in envelope 1 from 100 to 0, the notes stopped and needed to be retriggered. But when I lowered it to 9.3 and brought it back up to 100, the notes were still on.

Whether or not this works the same way for you, I encourage you to ask IK Support, especially if you can't get the notes to do infinite sustain. They should be able to help.
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More