Apple Silicon Support Chart

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Apple Silicon Support Chart

Postby daslicht » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:05 am

Hello,
I think it woudl be useful if there would be a chart of all IKMulktimedia products which show the current state of native Apple Siilicon support.

That would reduche the questions for separate products.
:ugeek:

Already available where, please?
daslicht

Re: Apple Silicon Support Chart

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:05 pm

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daslicht » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412

Thank you very much what aboutt teh * SE versions, they are not on teh list or do they share teh same status as its bigger versions ?
daslicht

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:11 pm

daslicht wrote:

Thank you very much what aboutt teh * SE versions, they are not on teh list or do they share teh same status as its bigger versions ?

Yes those are based on the same code so MODO BASS 2 SE would also be Apple Silicon native, for example.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daslicht » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:47 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
daslicht wrote:

Yes those are based on the same code so MODO BASS 2 SE would also be Apple Silicon native, for example.

Very nice! I just discovered that i have many gits since I registred my ilouds :)
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:24 pm

Ok installed sample tank 4 SE. Crashes quite often and the SampleTank 3 Content isn't installable at all. The installer Part 2 just crash. To be able to install the grid content I am asked to buy a download credit for EUR 9,99
daslicht

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:18 pm

SampleTank 4 is working well on the M1 Mac that I'm typing this from. I'd suggest seeking IK Support and they'll get you all set.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daslicht » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

Peter_IK wrote:SampleTank 4 is working well on the M1 Mac that I'm typing this from. I'd suggest seeking IK Support and they'll get you all set.

Yeh sampletank4 works 99%. Some faders of the effects(eg graphic eq) have a very very, very tiny dragzone so they are very hard to use. Besides that the installer in that image is broken on my mac mini m1: SampleTank_3_SE_Sound_Content_Part_2.dmg I get a Juce error displayed and it just crash.
I copied the files manually then it works.
daslicht

Postby craigs63 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:03 am

I haven't found anything showing which software runs under the M2 chips, too soon?
craigs63

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:21 pm

craigs63 wrote:I haven't found anything showing which software runs under the M2 chips, too soon?

M2 should not require its own update, anything Apple Silicon native should run well on both. I'd suggest sending any issues you have to the IK Support team so they can assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marcelo1962 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:12 pm

Will the list be updated with the new M3 Chip?

Thank you.
marcelo1962

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:46 pm

marcelo1962 wrote:Will the list be updated with the new M3 Chip?

Thank you.

If our software is Silicon native it won't need to be updated for M3 as it will still be compatible with the architecture.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ronmac » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:17 pm

I would be more concerned of compatibility with new version of MacOS.

Several software developers are suggesting not updating to 14.4 until further notice.
ronmac

Postby mhalloran » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 am

ronmac wrote:I would be more concerned of compatibility with new version of MacOS.

Several software developers are suggesting not updating to 14.4 until further notice.

I'm afraid that the IK Product Manager 1.1.4 is among those apps affected. It seems to be an issue with Sonoma 14.4 and the M2 & M3 Macs — mine is an M2.

I had a Pianoverse Max installation hang and it isn't letting me install Tonex Max or ARC 4 either. I have yet to hear back from Support so that I can add all my screen shots and crash reports.
mhalloran

Postby mhalloran » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:49 pm

mhalloran wrote:
I had a Pianoverse Max installation hang and it isn't letting me install Tonex Max or ARC 4 either. I have yet to hear back from Support so that I can add all my screen shots and crash reports.

Update: I no longer think it's Project Manager. Support has replied and I have sent them the following with screen shots.

I have identified part (all?) of the problem with the Pianoverse Sounds Installer. The Pianoverse Concert Grand YF3 module hangs up and once that happens, it screws up any subsequent installation.

IK misnamed #7 of the YF3's 14 installation modules. Because of this, IK Project Manager 1.1.4 doesn't know that the installer is finished and doesn't complete—nor does it let anything else run.
Numbers 1–6 and 8–14 are named like this: Install Pianoverse Sound Content Part8 etc.

While Number 7 is named: Install Pianoverse Sound Content Turns out there's a missing line of code in the installer.

I have the screen shots that show this plus the missing line of code in Part 7 and have sent everything off to Support. Hopefully, someone at IK will correct the installer and this will be fixed soon.

My workaround was to Force-Quit the Project Manager, reboot which then showed the actual installer not quitting (the process gumming up everything). Force-Quiting that finally allowed my to install other IK apps that I had purchased including ARC 4.

Afterward, running the stand-alone Pianoverse app shows that all the libraries actually did install and I can also load them in SampleTank 4.
mhalloran

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More