Error trying to install sounds after hard drive failure

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Error trying to install sounds after hard drive failure

Postby julianhoika » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:09 am

I'm trying to reinstall various stuff including my IK sound libraries after the external hard drive I kept them on kicked the proverbial bucket. All the sounds show up as "Installed" in the product manager, and when I try to reinstall to either of my internal drives I get a JavaScript error referring to my now-dead external drive (weirder still is that it refers specifically to the Syntronik folder, no matter what I try to install).

Is there anything I can do to reset the file locations stored in IKPM? I'd love to get my IK sounds back, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: just to clarify, I've tried changing the install path in preferences to both of my internal drives; neither has worked.
julianhoika

Re: Error trying to install sounds after hard drive failure

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:03 am

This is primarily a user to user forum, and other users may chip in with advice.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support for sone one to one investigation and help, after searching the FAQs on the IKM web site.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby julianhoika » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:28 pm

DarkStar wrote:This is primarily a user to user forum, and other users may chip in with advice.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support for sone one to one investigation and help, after searching the FAQs on the IKM web site.

Thanks, I'm going to do that as soon as I get the chance. I realised I'd forgotten to read the stickies before posting, but I coudn't find a "delete" button anywhere, and the "edit" button had disappeared too :oops: Not sure what that was all about, but regardless, I'll raise that ticket. I also stumbled upon the downloads section in the User Area, so I'll try and download from there -- maybe I can point the instruments to those files instead. If it works, I'll update here, since I can't seem to delete this thread outright; maybe then it'll have some use for others as well.

Thanks again, DarkStar! :)
julianhoika

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:57 pm

No problem. :)

Users cannot remove posts or threads, but you can ask a Moderator to review it. And, I think that the edit button is available for a short time after posting but is then removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, if you have a reasonable understanding of what you are doing you can download the sounds library files from your User Area and run each installer yourself. Make sure that you have created the desired high-level folder (e.g F:/IK Multimedia,/<product name> I think) and have selected that folder in the software's Preference Settings.

The library installers should pick up that folder name automatically. If not then select it in the installer.

Remember that the SampleTank 3, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and the original Syntronik libraries all go into the SampleTank 3 folder. And the SampleTank 4, Syntronik 2 and SampleTron 2 libraries each go into their own folder.

This FAQ should help too. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

And, back up the downloaded library files (or the installed libraries themselves) so that you do not need to do it again (and avoid a possible Download Reactivation fee)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More