Some Syntronik sample sets stop playing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Some Syntronik sample sets stop playing

Postby lguapo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:40 am

I've purchased some Syntronik instruments, and some sample sets don't always play. There seems to be two cases (not sure if they're related).

The first is when using legato. Some sample sets will just randomly stop playing until the legato is "reset":

https://vimeo.com/746233416

The other is that some samples in some sample sets will sometimes not play on the first trigger for a note:

https://vimeo.com/746233447

I've tried re-installing the sample sets. I've tried moving them different physical drives (SATA and NVME M.2 SSDs). I've tried every combination of the settings. I've tried the VST3 plugin and the stand alone app (Windows 11). This issue happens no matter what, albeit sporadically.

Anyone else seeing this?
lguapo

Re: Some Syntronik sample sets stop playing

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:51 am

As this is primarily a user to forum, not Technical Support, other users may chip in with comments.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support, on the IKM web site, after searching the FAQs there. Send Support full details of a way to recreate the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lguapo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:45 pm

I did open a support ticket with detailed information on August 18th (nearly 3 weeks ago.) There has been no reply beyond the initial, automated one. I requested status, but still there has been no reply. I followed the directions on the forum guidelines to try and get a moderator to help with the ticket. Also no reply.
lguapo

Postby rcolnaghi1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:24 pm

Yes, I had a similar experience for a inquiry I made (not a bug report), never had any answer. Now I'm waiting for their answer on this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12933#p132862" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope we both get an answer, both this and the one I've seen are very serious bugs, and should be addressed.
rcolnaghi1

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:36 pm

Just for fun, I tried this. I initialized the mod matrix because that's your video seems to show in your fist vimeo. I used Syntronik 2 Standalone. At first I couldn't duplicate your abrupt cutoff and momentary pitch drop. Then it happened. I tried several times. Same results--it didn't happen, then it did!!! I tried several things to make it happen consistently--varied trill rate, occasionally stuck in another note, changed focus from Syntronik 2 and then back.

My Conclusions: (1) There is a bug. (2) It can be replicated. (3) For me it doesn't happened consistently. (4) It might be very difficult to isolate the conditions that cause the issue to surface.

Hope this helps.
Steve-xyz

Postby lguapo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Thanks for reproducing this. The pitch drop seems to be caused by the sub osc dying a little bit after the main osc. This does happen sporadically, and only for some sample sets, but it happens often enough to make those instruments essentially useless. I honestly cannot believe that IKM support won’t even send me a single response on this ticket.
lguapo

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:21 pm

^^^
Reply to your support email and ask for a progress report.

Also, post your ticket number here and read the forum Guidelines thread about escalating a Support Ticket if you are not happy with the response.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lguapo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:28 pm

As mentioned above, I did read and follow the forum guidelines in an attempt to get any attention for this bug (replied to the ticket email multiple times, contacted the listed forum moderator, etc.) If you have any additional suggestions, I’d be happy to hear them.

The ticket number is 6929243
lguapo

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:53 pm

lguapo wrote:Thanks for reproducing this. The pitch drop seems to be caused by the sub osc dying a little bit after the main osc.

No problem. I know how frustrating those seemingly random bugs can be. I tried a few more times without success. I even tried switching to a custom modulation matrix preset I saved 2 - 3 weeks ago. I don't think mod matrix settings (or their absence) trigger the issue.

However, suddenly I managed to trigger the pitch drop / abrupt sample shut off problem 4 more times. Each time, the pitch drop preceded the shut off. Your observation about the sub osc dying after the main osc is consistent with what I experienced. I didn't measure it, but to my ear, the delay seemed the same.

Maybe this will help someone pinpoint the cause.
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby lguapo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:59 pm

The reason I initialized the mod matrix for the video was to show the simplest case of the issue, to demonstrate that is isn’t some envelope causing the issue.

I think that if you disable the sub oscillators, you’ll find the pitch drop will not happen, but that the core issue remains where the main oscillator(s) stop playing sporadically.
lguapo

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:23 pm

@ Steve-xyz,

Please pass your findings, and a link to this thread, on to Support, The more info they have, the better.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lguapo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:01 am

@Steve-xyz

Any chance you were also able to reproduce the other issue where samples for some notes don't play at all on the first trigger for that note? The 2nd video I posted shows how to reproduce it. I also noticed that many of the sample sets in the GS-V instrument have this issue. This issue also occurs more often for me than the other.
lguapo

Postby rcolnaghi1 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Hello. Support answered in the end and put me on the right track, then I solved my problem.

[Mod edit: the problem was related to ensembles in MP2 CE, so, for clarity, 2 subsequent posts have been removed.]
rcolnaghi1

Postby lguapo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 pm

I finally received a response from support on this issue but no solution, just another acknowledgment that they received my ticket. Hopefully they’ve actually started looking into the problem. In the meantime I’ve come across even more issues like broken sound installer and broken MIDI control over parameters (but only for some instruments, which is surprising.) So frustrating.
lguapo

Postby dqueffeulou » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi,

just to say that I have the same problem with Syntronik 2 : some notes don't play the first time for some sample set.
Example : M12 PW Sweep Wav 1

And I have a 88 notes keyboard so I can test many notes before all sound ok.
dqueffeulou

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More