VST Transfer

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

VST Transfer

Postby Matthew1004 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello Forum, I am looking for sone help in guidance. I recently purchased an ext SSD Hard Drive. I am looking for the best way to transfer all my IK Multimedia VST's, Sampletank, Amplitube and T-RackS off my laptop and on the ext SSD Hard Drive. By doing so it will help me in upload speeds, and free up space on my laptop. I then want to purchase a second ext SSD Hard Drive for the purpose of having a back-up of everything just in case. I am not really computer tech savvy but can get by with a little help. I thank you all in advance for your help.
Best
Matthew1004
Matthew1004

Re: VST Transfer

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:30 am

I do not think that it is worth moving the plug-ins themselves onto a different disk (and they my not work properly if they re moved).

But you can recover a lot of space if you move the sounds libraries, e;g; that for SampleTank.

Copy or Move the entire SampleTank sounds library to the new destination. In v's Preference Settings, remove the old library path and add the new one, No need to uninstall/reinstall.

When you are happy with the new library position, you can delete the old library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Hanoch777 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:55 pm

Hi, I'm pretty sure I can move the libraries and sounds. My question is whether or not I am charged an activation fee for installing plugins on new computer. I'm afraid to uninstall them until I know. Does anyone from IK weigh in on this?
Ironically, I updated my SPTNK 4 just a couple days ago without even thinking about how I would transfer. Just hope I don't have to pay again.
Hanoch777

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:09 pm

When you licensed the product, you received 10 Authorizations.

When you install the product on a different computer (or on a significantly modified computer or OS) you will need to use another Authorization. If you ever use up all 10 Authorizations, then, all things being reasonable, Technical Support will reset your usage so you have 10 again.

IK Multimedia EULA wrote: The Product is only for your personal (individual) use.

You may install and use the Product, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the Licensee; (b) the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, ...

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=license-agreement

I would use the IK Product Manager on the old system to Unauthorize the product(s) first- that should free up an Authorization for each product.

So you should be OK. I do not know of any specific activation fee.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More