Reinstall everything

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Reinstall everything

Postby Andemanden » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:32 pm

I have been using software from IKmultimedia for many years and have a lot of their products.
Over the years I can see that I "grown" a lot of folders with just one file, and even some empty folder relating to the software.

So I have bought a new SSD and would like to reinstall everything.

It seems I have various editions of some of the software in my product manager.
Like:
- Sampletank 4
- Sampletank 4 CS
- Sampletank 4 MAX
- Sampletank 4 SE

Does anyone know if I should only download them all or if the 4 MAX version contains it all?

I also have an issue with getting an errormessage saying "SampleTank 4 maximum folder limit reached" that I don't understand.
Anyone?

Anders
Andemanden

Re: Reinstall everything

Postby Promidi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:14 pm

I would have thought that Sampletank Max contains everything. Looking at the Sampletank comparison chart, Sampletank Max has everything in SampleTank 4 SE and SampleTank 4.

As regards the "SampleTank 4 maximum folder limit reached" error, I have never come across that error message. My guess is that the full pathname to some of Sampletank’s components might have more that 255 characters - which could be a problem for some operating systems.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More