Hammond Volume or Expression Pedal

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond Volume or Expression Pedal

Postby Glichtenberger01 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:31 pm

I can't seem to get my expression pedal to work. I have used the learn feature to set the CC code to be 67 but it doesn't work right. Does it need to be calibrated in some way? I want to be able to lower and raise the volume. Please help.
Glichtenberger01

Re: Hammond Volume or Expression Pedal

Postby Promidi » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:02 pm

CC code 67 is usually for a soft pedal. This is usually a switch device (ether 0 or 127).

Volume or expression is usually CC7 or CC11 (and can have any value between 0 and 127)

Is your expression pedal connected directly to your PC or via your MIDI controller?

Have you confirmed what CC number your expression pedal is actually transmitting (and that it is actually transmitting)?
Promidi

Re: Hammond Volume or Expression Pedal

Postby Glichtenberger01 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:40 am

Thank you for your reply. You are correct, I needed to program my keyboard to use "Expression Pedal" and then it had me calibrate it by pressing it forward all the way for the loudest and then answer "OK'. Then I needed to press it back and down with my heel and then answer "OK". When I used the learn feature for the Hammond expression pedal, I believe it sent CC7.

Thanks!
Glichtenberger01

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More