Mac won't install Sampletank 4 Max content that is ST 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Mac won't install Sampletank 4 Max content that is ST 3

Postby soundasylum » Sat May 14, 2022 3:04 am

Mac won't install Sampletank 4 Max content that is ST 3. Running Monterey 12.3.1. Downloaded all of the Sampletank 4 Max content which I guess a lot of it is actually Sampletank 3 content. For example The Grid. I'm assuming I have to open up all of the 96 dmg files separately which blows my mind. I click on the dmg which brings up the installer app. Click install The Grid Sound Content and it throws an error "SampleTank 3 Instruments Installer quit unexpectedly."

It does this on any content that is ST3. And yet there's no error when I install the ST4 content. Is this possibly because Sampletank 3 no longer runs on Monterey because it's not 64-bit? Am I installing incorrectly?

I've tried to download the ST4 installation manual and product manual from the download resources section but clicking the link sends me to a page which reads 403 - Forbidden. I'm logged in so not sure what the problem is. Please help.
soundasylum

Re: Mac won't install Sampletank 4 Max content that is ST 3

Postby audioactive7 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:21 pm

I'm having the exact same issue with Monterey, 12.4. My PC installs all the products just fine, fwiw.
[mod redacted - unnecessary and please review forum rules]
audioactive7

Postby LexLux » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:47 pm

SampleTank 4 is supposed to run on M1 macs natively. I too have Monterey and can't run the ST 3 sound content installers, though.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412

Would like to have someone from IKM to comment here.
LexLux

Postby audioactive7 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:06 pm

The solution is to use only the Ik Product Manager installer under the Sounds tab. If you've designated the location of where you want the libraries to install, the rest is easy.

Where it gets confusing is each sound library has it's own individual installer and not all libraries are compatible with ST 4. Legacy libraries won't install without the IK Product Manager.
audioactive7

Postby LexLux » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:20 pm

audioactive7 wrote:The solution is to use only the Ik Product Manager installer under the Sounds tab. If you've designated the location of where you want the libraries to install, the rest is easy.

Where it gets confusing is each sound library has it's own individual installer and not all libraries are compatible with ST 4. Legacy libraries won't install without the IK Product Manager.

Oh, alright, thanks for clarifying that. Too bad then that the sound content have expired in the product manager. I did save them all to disc, the sound content installers, but alas, they can't be installed without the product manager. I'd have to pay IK €10 to be able to install ST4, then, I suppose :roll:
LexLux

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:35 pm

^^^^
Try this: Put the sound content installers in the "downloads" folder of IKPM, run the IKPM and set the library destination folder in "More options >> Install to ...."
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More