Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Postby rbaumhauer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you have issues with IK products, please report them to IK Support and they will take care. Thank you.

Peter - not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, but I bought Syntronik 2 in the group buy several months ago. I noticed in IKPM that two of the synths (the DCO-X and T-03) show "Update" in the Sounds tab, but with no obvious way to do that. I have all of my original sound ZIP files saved on my server, but I have not been able to figure out how to get IKPM to update sound content. All of my downloads are expired - I should be covered by my backups for reinstallation, but do I have to buy download credits to update?
rbaumhauer

Postby JesterMgee0 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:54 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you have issues with IK products, please report them to IK Support and they will take care. Thank you.

Yeah reported it thru but have figured out what the issue is now. There is a different underlying mapping for Syntronic 1 and Syntronic 2 versions of presets, can simply create a template for each one, just a bit of a pain but manageable.
JesterMgee0

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:50 am

I have something similar but with MODO DRUM. The product manager all of a sudden started showing three drums kits need to be updated, but my sounds are all past the 180 days. I thought about contacting support to see what they say, but since the kits seem to work as is, I figure, "why bother?"

If you contact support, I'd sort of be interested in knowing if they have a fix for updating sounds after they have been installed and downloads have expired.
Steve-xyz

Syntronik 2 Report Bug

Postby stefano@american-lion.com » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:21 pm

Dear IK Multimedia

I have bought and Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, Syntronk 2 and Syntronik 2 MAX V2.

I noticed that in Syntronik 1 you can change presets with the computer keyboard's arrow keys while you have a Syntronik synth open. But you can't do that in Syntronik 2.

Can you please fix this bug in Syntronik 2, Thanks.

I know that you can change presets with the arrow keys in The Syntronik 2 Browser window where you see all the synths, but I want to change presets with the computer keyboard arrow keys, while I have just one Syntronik 2 Synth open, just like I can do in Syntronik v1.

Kind Regards
stefano@american-lion.com

Re: Syntronik 2 Report Bug

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:15 pm

stefano@american-lion.com wrote:I noticed that in Syntronik 1 you can change presets with the computer keyboard's arrow keys while you have a Syntronik synth open. But you can't do that in Syntronik 2.

Can you please fix this bug in Syntronik 2, Thanks.

I am on a PC with Windows 10 Pro. In both Syntronic and Syntronik 2 I can use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the preset list. In both Syntronik and Syntronik 2 I can then use the right arrow key to load the highlighted preset.

I used standalone versions of both. If you are using a host (such as a DAW), maybe that's part of the issue.

Just tested VST3 versions of Syntronik and Syntronik 2 on my PC inside a host program. The arrow buttons function the same as in the standalone versions. I used a set of 4 arrow buttons as well as a number pad with NumLock off.

Perhaps IK Support can help you figure out why its not working for you.
Steve-xyz

Postby stefano@american-lion.com » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:27 pm

Dear Nick

I think you are referring using the arrow keys when you are in the Browser mode in Syntronik?

Yes the arrow keys works well in Browser mode but they do not work when you have a synth open in Syntronik.

In Syntronik 1 you can change presets with the arrow keys while having a Syntronik synth open, - so that you don't need to go out of the synth into browser mode and change presets with arrow keys abd then go into Synth mode again.

I am afraid it is a bug in Syntronik 2 - So could you please fix this?

I am sorry if my English is not good to explain the issue.

Kind regards

Postby stefano@american-lion.com » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:28 pm

Dear Nick

I think you are referring using the arrow keys when you are in the Browser mode in Syntronik1 and Syntronik 2?

Yes the arrow keys works well in Browser mode but they do not work when you have a synth open in Syntronik 2.

In Syntronik 1 you can change presets with the arrow keys while having a Syntronik synth open, - so that you don't need to go out of the synth into browser mode and change presets with arrow keys abd then go into Synth mode again.

I am afraid it is a bug in Syntronik 2 - So could you please fix this?

I am sorry if my English is not good to explain the issue.

Kind regards

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:29 pm

OK. Gotcha now. You are talking about Panel Mode. Yeah. They changed the UI all around. For example, the font is much smaller and harder to read in Syntronik 2. A number of users asked for this to be "fixed" several years ago. These things are not bugs in the sense that a bug is something that should work but doesn't. IK redesigned Syntronik and that's the way it is. Still, it probably doesn't hurt to ask for Syntronik 2 to add new features.
Steve-xyz

Postby stefano@american-lion.com » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Dear Nick

When it does work well in Syntronik 1 so then its not a new feature to ask for?

I am afraid it has nothing to do with the font size in The Synths panels? - its the Arrow keys on the computer keyboard that in Syntronik v1 is use to change a presets while you have a Synth open or inside then Synth panel as you call it. If it did work in Syntronik 1 then it also need to work in Syntronik 2 -

I and many other users like to work with one synth a the time, then it is very pleasent to change presets fast with out going out to the browser window first.

So i think it must be some kind af bug to fix in Syntronik 2? There is no need for change te font or design of any synth or browser - it is just to let the arrow keys on the computer keyboard work the same way they did In Syntronik 1 when having a synth open.

Kind Regards

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:27 pm

I am a user of IK Products including Syntronik and Syntronik 2. I recommend you contact IK Customer Support. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ Maybe they will add the features you want in Syntronik 2.
Steve-xyz

Postby stefano@american-lion.com » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi Steve

It is not new features that I want on Syntronik 2 - It is a bug that need to be fixed.

In Syntronik v1 you can change the presets with the arrow keys when you are in Browser panel mode and also when you are in Synth panel mode . But In Syntronik v2 you can only change the presets when you are in browser panel mode and not in Synth panel mode.

Have you tried to change presets with the arrow keys in Syntronik v2 when you are in Synth panel mode? It just says a bib but there is no change of presets? - That's definitely a bug.

Kind Regards
Syntronik 1, Syntronik Deluxe and Syntronik 2 MAX user.

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More