Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Postby ttinker » Sun May 29, 2022 11:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:That was general. My reply to you was right below your quote. I don't like to flood a thread with multiple posts, but that part was a general warning (and no you were not bashing/mocking).

Understood, and all good. I'm not sure why I'm not seeing those confirmation emails, maybe I will try again with a few more details - though I similarly don't like to flood them with multiple reports, unless it is helpful.
ttinker

Postby jeffn1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:33 am

I am using Syntronik 2 in Gig Performer.

Whenever I open a rackspace with the preset "Modulated Fat Pad" in the J-8, the volume is extremely low. But I can hear it.

When I look at the synth presets listed, it is listed on top, but it is not highlighted. Not sure what that means. It is weird that is does not appear to be loaded, but you can faintly hear the preset.

When I find the preset (Search for it in the search bar) and load it, it returns to normal volume.

If I close Gig Performer and restart it, the problem is there again.

The tried a few things with the good folks at Gig Performer, no luck.

It appears to be a bug in Syntronik 2.

Jeff
jeffn1

Postby jeffn1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:16 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot edit my post.

To follow up after inspecting this more, it seems like the problem patch was “loaded”. It was highlighted in the list (it is faint, but I think that’s how they all are when they are loaded). But, the volume was extremely low. And when I re-loaded the preset, it played properly (at the expected volume).

So, I am not sure what would cause it to load up at a very faint volume.

Jeff
jeffn1

Postby jeffn1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Someone else (with more knowledge than me) also had the same issue with the Modulated Fat Pad (JP-8) (in Gig Performer).

They report:

There’s something about that particular pad setting. When I load it, it plays at a nice 3/4 volume. When I save this to a gigfile and re-open the gigfile, it plays at a really reduced volume…but the volume slider in the plugin has not changed.

If I load another Syntronik 2 patch, save the gigfile and re-open the gigfile…it plays at the same 3/4 volume.

i just now saved Modulated Fat Pad as a Favorite, built a new rackspace and loaded that Favorite. It played at that same reduced volume. Returning to the previous rackspace the plugin is still at 3/4 volume.

I saved and re-opened the gigfile. The first rackspace now played at the reduced volume. The second rackspace (Favorite) played at a severely reduced volume…very faint.

There’s obviously something wrong within this particular patch.
jeffn1

Postby jeffn1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:38 pm

I have been advised that changing the filter “Type” settings retained the 3/4 volume settings after saving and reloading.

So, there seems to be a bug with that preset involving the "filter type".

Jeff
jeffn1

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:21 pm

jeffn1 wrote:So, there seems to be a bug with that preset involving the "filter type".

I remember a discussion related to filter type; not sure of all the details, but I think that under some circumstances, when a preset was loaded/re-loaded, the filter type got changed.

Correction: That was in reference to SampleTank [Problemas con SampleTanks 4.2.2].
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby jeffn1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Well, when you reload the preset, it fixes the problem.

Normally if you restart Gig Performer, you would revert back to the problem (not enough/proper volume)

But, apparently if you reload preset (so it sounds at the correct volume) and you then change the filter setting before saving/closing Gig Performer, it fixes the glitch. So, when you restart Gig Performer, the preset then plays correctly (at the proper volume).

Jeff
jeffn1

Postby cczadilek » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:45 am

Hi!
I found a bug.

loading a user preset from Syntronik 1 in Syntronic 2: instead of White 2A Compressor/Limiter the Model 670 comes up!!!
cczadilek

Postby cczadilek » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi!
I found another bug.

loading a user preset from Syntronik 1 in Syntronic 2: FX Stereo Imager mode should be "normal" but gets "reverse" in S2
cczadilek

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Posting bug reports here may well get confirmation from other users.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby cczadilek » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:53 pm

sorry, I just read the topic "Syntronik 2 Report Bugs"...

that's what I did.
cczadilek

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:06 pm

No problem. It is sometimes better to seek confirmation (or a suggested solution) before contacting Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby beatmonster21 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:48 pm

Loading Syntronik as a plugin into Native Instruments KOMPLETE KONTROL software, the plugin is not seen by the navigation bar and does not show up as an instrument option that you can select from on the left hand side alongside all the other 3rd party synths.
beatmonster21

Postby JesterMgee0 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:28 am

beatmonster21 wrote:Loading Syntronik as a plugin into Native Instruments KOMPLETE KONTROL software, the plugin is not seen by the navigation bar and does not show up as an instrument option that you can select from on the left hand side alongside all the other 3rd party synths.

That is because it is not NKS compatible.

I develop NKS compatibility and was going to develop NKS support but unfortunately, the IK line of plugins has way too many issues to make it NKS compatible so I have just pulled the plug on it.

Syntronic for the record has an issue where you enable "Automation" but it will lose this mapping after several preset changes (within the same instrument) and even tho the automation list is populated, the automation does not work and if you right-click a control the "automation" option is now displayed again allowing learning of the same (already learned) parameter but it causes a software crash if you try.

Sampletank has similar issues but also has an issue where mapping some parameters (such as FX slot on/off) saves incorrectly and loads with a different mapping. That has been reported through and confirmed but no idea if it will be fixed. That's just for starters...

So NKS does not appear it will be possible with the current state of these plugins. Both Sampletank and Syntronic have issues that make it close to impossible.
JesterMgee0

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:14 pm

If you have issues with IK products, please report them to IK Support and they will take care. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More