Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2022 5:15 pm

If they can't recreate it, that means there is something different between your setup and what they are using and it can be in many different areas (hardware, software, configuration, etc etc).

Please send the information you are posting here to them too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oqpoil » Sat May 28, 2022 5:23 pm

These bugs occurs on two different PCs that I own, on Reaper and on Fl Studio and on two differents hardware owned by two others customers.
oqpoil

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat May 28, 2022 5:52 pm

I just took a quick look at this. I am interested in this and will have to see if there's anything I can add. Have you tested to see if different categories of wave sets affect these issues?
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2022 6:12 pm

oqpoil wrote:These bugs occurs on two different PCs that I own, on Reaper and on Fl Studio and on two differents hardware owned by two others customers.

Great. Please still send the information to IK Support who can't recreate it and they'll be able to help you further too.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ttinker » Sat May 28, 2022 7:36 pm

I just did some more testing and there are definitely some problems here on my system, running Syntronik 2 natively as well as in Reaper (at least it's consistent!). The main culprits that I can find are the O, C and R type filters, which misbehave in odd and inconsistent ways depending on the preset that is loaded (but it's worse and more widespread loading Syntronik 1 presets).

Sometimes the O type BPF does nothing at all - you can sweep it but the sound does not change; on other patches it works. Sometimes the on the R and C type filters the slope cannot be changed, though the option to change it seems to be there; other times it behaves as expected. But it is consistent in that a given patch always gives the same result (whether functional or non-functional), regardless of where Syntronik 2 is running.

I have made a few short video clips that show the behaviour, and contrasting them with Syntronik 1 behaviour which is as expected. I will try to add them to my already-submitted bug report on this.

EDIT - no, there is no way that I can see to add video to a bug report on the system itself, and since tech support has not written back to me I can't add it to an email thread either. Any suggestions? I suppose I could host the videos somewhere and add a text link to a new bug report. Best I can think of.
ttinker

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 28, 2022 7:55 pm

^^^^
When you submit a Technical Support form, you should always get an auto-acknowledgement email. You can Reply to that and attach your (ZIPped-up) video.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ttinker » Sat May 28, 2022 8:44 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
When you submit a Technical Support form, you should always get an auto-acknowledgement email. You can Reply to that and attach your (ZIPped-up) video.

Strange. I did not get any such email, and in fact I sent another earlier today (unrelated issue) but got nothing back from that either. I have checked inbox, spam, trash. Nothing. So that's not really very confidence-inspiring.
ttinker

Postby oqpoil » Sat May 28, 2022 11:41 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:I just took a quick look at this. I am interested in this and will have to see if there's anything I can add. Have you tested to see if different categories of wave sets affect these issues?

No, you can't do this with all the syntronik 1 presets the wavesets are only availables for syntronik 2 presets.
oqpoil

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2022 11:45 pm

If you submitted a sales/service ticket or general contact form request you wouldn't get a confirmation. You must open a technical support ticket. If you did open a tech ticket please check your spam/junk folder for the confirmation.

Note that if this thread stops being useful and especially if it turns into an IK and/or support bashing thread it will be locked. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat May 28, 2022 11:56 pm

oqpoil wrote:
Steve-xyz wrote:I just took a quick look at this. I am interested in this and will have to see if there's anything I can add. Have you tested to see if different categories of wave sets affect these issues?

No, you can't do this with all the syntronik 1 presets the wavesets are only availables for syntronik 2 presets.

Thanks for the clarification. I took another look at my "Using Syntronik 2 to Generate Crazy Noise" thread, played around some more with different synths and presets, and noticed some of what has been recently added (above) seems to be similar to what I observed in making Crazy Noises. Maybe that means my Crazy Noise methods will still be available if the issues raised above are fixed. :-)
Steve-xyz

Postby oqpoil » Sun May 29, 2022 12:06 am

ttinker wrote:I just did some more testing and there are definitely some problems here on my system, running Syntronik 2 natively as well as in Reaper (at least it's consistent!). The main culprits that I can find are the O, C and R type filters, which misbehave in odd and inconsistent ways depending on the preset that is loaded (but it's worse and more widespread loading Syntronik 1 presets).

Sometimes the O type BPF does nothing at all - you can sweep it but the sound does not change; on other patches it works. Sometimes the on the R and C type filters the slope cannot be changed, though the option to change it seems to be there; other times it behaves as expected. But it is consistent in that a given patch always gives the same result (whether functional or non-functional), regardless of where Syntronik 2 is running.

I have made a few short video clips that show the behaviour, and contrasting them with Syntronik 1 behaviour which is as expected. I will try to add them to my already-submitted bug report on this.

EDIT - no, there is no way that I can see to add video to a bug report on the system itself, and since tech support has not written back to me I can't add it to an email thread either. Any suggestions? I suppose I could host the videos somewhere and add a text link to a new bug report. Best I can think of.

I found another filter bug:
On syntronik 2 presets the 6dB LPF "C-type" filter resonance don't work
On syntronik 2 presets the 6dB HPF "C-type" filter resonance don't work

There is not any 6dB LPF "C-type" filter and any HPF "C-type" filter in syntronik 1 this is part of the new functionality of Syntronik 2!
oqpoil

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun May 29, 2022 12:17 am

Peter_IK wrote:Note that if this thread stops being useful and especially if it turns into an IK and/or support bashing thread it will be locked. Thank you.

From what I have read the users here are trying to help identify bugs not bash IK or support. The level of devotion by the users in trying to track down issues supports this belief.

If I am right, perhaps the other contributors to this thread need to make their intent clearer and avoid any appearance of being critical so the threat of having this thread locked isn't carried out.

As for my participation, I hope it is clear from my "Using Syntronik 2 to Generate Crazy Noises" that I embrace the quicks, don't want them "fixed" if that means those quirks will disappear, and I am in no way being critical of IK for having these.
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 29, 2022 1:03 am

There has been some clear mocking, this thread has been cleaned of posts breaking the rules (linked at the top of each page) and I'll say once more that if it keeps up the thread will be locked. Just keep civil, within the forum rules, and all will be fine. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ttinker » Sun May 29, 2022 9:06 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you submitted a sales/service ticket or general contact form request you wouldn't get a confirmation. You must open a technical support ticket. If you did open a tech ticket please check your spam/junk folder for the confirmation.

I'm not entirely sure, as there is nothing on the web form that clearly states 'technical support', but the form I used says "CONTACT SUPPORT - SOFTWARE" - is there another place where technical support tickets can/should be opened? As mentioned already, I did check my email thoroughly, including both spam and junk/trash folders, and there is no confirmation email to be found. This is not criticizing anyone, it is simply stating a fact. It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, and I'd be happy to have someone help me with that, as I personally find the contact form a bit unclear.

Note that if this thread stops being useful and especially if it turns into an IK and/or support bashing thread it will be locked. Thank you.

Since this is in a direct reply to one of my posts, I have to say, I don't see anything in any of my own posts that is anywhere remotely near "bashing" IK. I have been an enthusiastic user and customer of IK for about 15 years, I like Syntronik a lot and I like Syntronik 2 even more, but it does have bugs (well, all software has bugs, so no huge news there) and I for one am sincerely trying to help get them fixed. I don't tend to use tech support much with any of the music software I use, as I can usually get my problems sorted out on my own or by browsing existing FAQ and forum posts, so if I've misunderstood something, again, I am happy to be corrected.

As to whether the thread is "useful" or not... well, it would be useful to me to get the bugs fixed, and from what I can see most of us are trying to get there. I would hope that would be useful to IK as well.
ttinker

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 pm

That was general. My reply to you was right below your quote. I don't like to flood a thread with multiple posts, but that part was a general warning (and no you were not bashing/mocking).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More