Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Postby oqpoil » Mon May 02, 2022 7:49 am

Hello

I have found a bug in Syntronik 2

When you choose the "acoustic resonance filter" in the effect section and turn the "timbre" fader there is a big CPU pic and glitch audio if you play in the same time.

Same on Reaper or Fl Studio and same with VST or VST3

And i have tested this on two computer!

If someone want report other bug!
oqpoil

Re: Syntronik 2 Report Bugs

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 02, 2022 12:01 pm

Please report this to Tech Support so that they can investigate and get a fix done, if needed.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby oqpoil » Mon May 02, 2022 12:49 pm

It' already done!
oqpoil

Postby oqpoil » Mon May 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Another bug:

When you load a "multi preset" from Syntronik 1 into Syntronik 2, the sound is not the same!

In Syntronik 2 the multi preset is poor and distorded and is not on the same volume, you have a gap of 7 dB

Same on Reaper or Fl Studio and same with VST or VST3

And i have tested this on two computer!

If someone want report other bug!
oqpoil

Postby oqpoil » Wed May 11, 2022 7:41 am

Monstrous bug:

I noticed a huge bug with the filer section and/or filer envelope of Syntronik 2, with some presets in V1 and V2 on some of the 22 "classic synths" while everything is fine and the sound is different for the same presets played with Syntronic 1.

ex: Take the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V:

-Try to modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance...=> no effect, no filter :shock: and the sound is so different from the same preset played with Syntronic 1 (it is more obvious in the low notes C0,C1...)

-Try all the possibilities (lpf,bpf...) of the 7 filters, slope/slope and modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance => sometimes it's the cut off, sometimes the resonance, sometimes both that have no effect, sometimes you just can't choose the slope (the slider stays locked) while it's available in Syntronik 1

-Try to save a project with the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V (without modifying it), close and reload your project, go to Syntronik 2, already there is an asterisk on the name of the preset, which means that it has been modified, go to the editing panel (the front of the synth) and there from bpf it has changed to lpf :?

I have seen the same type of problem on SH-V, SAM, Noir, T-03...so far. It always has something to do with the filter section, the envelope I've only seen it once.

So, advice to those who had version 1 don't uninstall it!!! While waiting for it to correct

And those who have only version 2 of Syntronik test the filter and report to IK support because only for the SAM, the presets Syntronik 1> synth bass: Fat Resonant Bass, Feeder, Fingered Bass, Flanged Round Bass = BUG of the filter (I did not test the others)

[mod redacted - unnecessary. Also, continue to report these to IK Support if you expect to see anything done about them]
oqpoil

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm

oqpoil wrote:ex: Take the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V:
-Try to modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance...=> no effect, no filter :shock:

I just wanted to say I tried this and had the same result.

oqpoil wrote:[mod redacted - unnecessary. Also, continue to report these to IK Support if you expect to see anything done about them]

To the moderator: Do you think it would help if others reported these bugs as well?
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 11, 2022 9:33 pm

The more info that Support gets about a bug (especially how to reproduce it) the better.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ttinker » Mon May 16, 2022 9:34 am

oqpoil wrote:I noticed a huge bug with the filer section and/or filer envelope of Syntronik 2...
ex: Take the "Boomy square" preset of the SH-V:
-Try to modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance...=> no effect, no filter :shock: ...
-Try all the possibilities (lpf,bpf...) of the 7 filters, slope/slope and modify the filter envelope, cut off, resonance => sometimes it's the cut off, sometimes the resonance, sometimes both that have no effect, sometimes you just can't choose the slope (the slider stays locked) while it's available in Syntronik 1...

OK after looking at this a little, I can confirm - in the case of the Boomy Square preset - though it would take some legwork to see how pervasive the problem is through the whole collection. Basically, loading certain S1 presets into the S2 engine seems to screw up the filter section something fierce, so that the filters misbehave, have weirdly limited options, sound different etc... but loading an S2 preset seems to reset and correct it and all filters behave as one would expect them to.

This does seem like a particularly nasty bug. Will submit my findings to tech support along with a couple of other issues.
ttinker

Postby ttinker » Mon May 16, 2022 11:04 am

OK I tested some more, and the filter issue seems widespread - I imported S1 presets from quite a few of the instruments, and they all exhibited messed-up filter behaviour to some extent, like the non-functioning of the O-type BPF, and the inability to switch between filter slopes in the C-type and R-type filters.

At the moment it feels like S2 is usable with S2 presets, and S1 with S1 presets, but S2 with S1 presets is dangerous - they might not sound as intended, and if used, might sound very different if and (hopefully) when this bug gets fixed. Of course an edited preset saved with a DAW project will, hopefully, load properly... but, better to be safe than sorry?

I'm mostly excited to have the increased editing options that the S2 presets provide, anyway - layering, mod matrix, expanded envelope and LFO options, and so on.

In any case, I submitted a bug report with my findings, let's see what happens...
ttinker

Postby oqpoil » Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pm

Thanks Steve-xyz and ttinker for test and report this bug to support, more we report to IKM support more we have chances to obtain a fix.

And i find an another bug for customers like us with installs of Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2:

I have two path one for 22 classics synths v1 presets, samples,... and one for v2 presets, wavesets of the 22 classics synths + the 11 new syntronik 2 synths

Like you know there is no new samples folders for v2 of the 22 classics synths, if you load a v2 preset of the 22 classics synths, syntronik 2 load the v2 preset with the syntronik 1 sample...

But when i modify and save a v2 presets of the 22 classics synths with new name if you reload this edited preset syntronik 2 try to search the sample in an unknown path

It display an error message "Cannot locate tank path" with a mashup of the path of sample of the 22 classic synths with the path of the syntronik 2 presets and new synths

I know i can put all in the same directory :lol:
oqpoil

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 16, 2022 1:35 pm

One person's curse is another person's blessing; OR, getting lemons and making lemonade:
See Using Syntronik 2 to Generate Crazy Noise; OR, one person's noise is another person's music. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30113
Steve-xyz

Postby oqpoil » Sat May 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Ok i have tested more with the filter section and the Syntronik 1 multis that sound different.

There is several different bugs:

1. the LPF "O-type filter" resonance don't work on any syntronik 1 preset loaded in Syntronik 2

2. the BPF "O-type filter" cut off, resonance and filter AHDSR envelope don't work on any syntronik 1 preset loaded in Syntronik 2

Try any of the syntronik 1 preset for this two.

3."the inability to switch between filter slopes in the C-type and R-type filters"

=> it's a display bug only, when you try to slide the slope faders it move just a little but dont go the correct position but you can hear a little change.

This display bug occur too with Syntronik 2 presets:
try the SH-V "Castel Analog Bass" and try to change the slope of the 'R-types"... you see the same thing but if you go to the new panel edit and visualize the filter you can see that the slope has changed and you can change the slope directly here too.

4.for the Syntronik 1 multis loaded in Syntronik 2, it's a reel mess

When Syntronik 2 load a Syntronik 1 multi, it change the filters to "no filter", sometime it change the "OSC2" ON by OFF, sometime it change the "BPM Sync" ON to OFF
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's better to laugh than to cry

If you verify the parts A, B, C and D you can see an asterisk before the name of the preset, which means that it has been modified!

After 3 weeks without answer, i have asked an update of my ticket at IKM support for the point 1,2 and 3 and they told me that they cant reproduce this behavior :shock: :? and i should provide screen recording for these :lol:
oqpoil

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2022 4:12 pm

Then please do provide a screen recording for them if they can't reproduce. Thank you.

Also, the laughing/mocking is unnecessary. I understand you are frustrated but if you continue to work with IK Support and provide what they request then your issues can be fixed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oqpoil » Sat May 28, 2022 4:26 pm

It's already done!

But how simple customers can reproduce these bugs with the same explanations when technical staff can't!

Yes i am frustrated!
oqpoil

Postby oqpoil » Sat May 28, 2022 5:11 pm

And for more precision:

When you set the LPF "O-type" filter resonance to 0 in Syntronik 1 and syntronik 2 for the same preset you can hear a difference again, there is a mess with the filter velocity sensibility, filter amount and filter envelope:

If you set the cut-off to 590Hz and the filter velocity sensibility to 1 on Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2, for approach to the Syntronik 1 sound you must shift the filter velocity sensibility at -1,3 on Syntronik 2 but it is still not perfect because may be the envelope filter amount or the AHDSR filter envelope itself(if you play with the attack or an another filter envelope parameter you can hear that the timings are not the same)

By the way there is already diference between the "Fat Resonant Bass" filter preset parameters:

On syntronik 1 cut-off = 6khz, drive = 5 and vel = 1 but on syntronik 2 cut-off = 5.99khz, drive = 4 and vel = 0.96

And i have also the felling that the "round robin" are not the same between Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2 when you are in this LPF "O-type" filter!
oqpoil

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More