Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Pat.DE » Mon May 30, 2022 5:23 pm

There is also a question about the two files
SYN2_Syner-V_Part_5.zip and
SYN2_Syner-V_Part_6.zip.
Compared to the other synths, it is noticeable that these two zip files contain the same structure
- Tools
- Library Info
- Library Resources

and - as far as I can see - also contain a number of identical files.
However, the SYN2_Syner-V_Part_6.zip file also contains some newer files (as of November 2021). Is this an update for the SYN2_Syner-V_Part_5.zip file?
With the other synths this was recognizable by a different file name (SYN2_xxx_SL_Update.zip)
Pat.DE

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 30, 2022 5:32 pm

^^^
I just installed them both, in order. The second seems to be fixes to some instrument presets and some new ones. I ended up with 92 instrument presets and 177 wave sets.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ghavet3 » Tue May 31, 2022 8:47 am

I checked the files. Yes some of the 5th part are included in the 6th part.. but with slightly different sizes (Fuzzy Keys.st4i for example). But also many files included in the 5th part are not included in the 6th part (Broken Syner-V Toy Piano.st4i for example). And a lot of the files included inside the 6th part are not included inside the 5th part (Ask Mr Kobayashi.st4i for example). And the 177 wave sets are the same in both parts (albeit with slightly different sizes).

Generally speaking, I've seen this many times inside the hundreds of zip files of Sampletank. Many files are duplicate. Sometimes with the very same size (bit for bit), sometimes not. When installing them, the last one erases the previously installed one.
ghavet3

Postby Pat.DE » Tue May 31, 2022 8:57 am

Of course I did the same thing - I unpacked the files one after the other according to the numbering, so that the last files overwrote the previous ones.
I wanted to point out that the file SYN2_Syner-V_Part_6.zip - in contrast to other synths - is not marked as an update.
Pat.DE

Postby dsgbass » Tue May 31, 2022 7:31 pm

I found an extra "Syntronik 2 Sound Content" folder under the main Syntronik 2 folder structure located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\Syntronik 2.

It appears to contain a duplicate of the content in the Part3 and Part4 zip files. Maybe an unwanted side effect of the nested folder structure inside the Part3 and Part4 files.
dsgbass

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More