Export a sound as a WAV file

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Export a sound as a WAV file

Postby Usmcdevildog2112 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 pm

Super novice with midi. I have ST4 and Neil Peart drum sounds. How do I take a specific drum sound and export that to a .wav file? I am trying to import that wav file into my Roland sound module and can be assigned to an electronic drum trigger.
Usmcdevildog2112

Re: Export a sound as a WAV file

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:13 pm

This is difficult with any stand-alone program.

If you have ST4 loaded as a plug-in in a DAW then you should be able to capture the audio output from the ST4 plug-in. Check your DAW's user manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Usmcdevildog2112 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Thank you DarkStar for your response. Again, super newb at this midi stuff. Trying to learn stuff but really only need to capture sounds that I want the triggers to play. Not creative enough to learn how to make music LOL. I do not think I am using a DAW unless SampleTank 4 is considered a DAW. My TD-17 sound module is standalone and not connected to my PC with Sample Tank 4. Only the triggers are connected to the TD-17. I can DL .wav files to an SD Card and import them into the TD-17, assign those wav files to a trigger. I just don't know how to export the sounds from Sample Tank to a wav file on my puter so I can DL those to an SD Card. Thanks again for your help.
Usmcdevildog2112

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:21 pm

No, SampleTank 4 ("ST4") is not a DAW.

Sounds cannot be exported from ST4. What you would need is a stand-alone program that can receive the audio output from the ST4 program, and save it to disk. That's why I said it could be difficult. :)

But many (maybe all) DAWs allow to to load an instrument plug-in (e.g. ST4) onto a track, trigger its sounds and capture the audio output to other tracks (and save the .wav files to disk).

If you go that way have a look at GarageBand or Reaper. Other users may suggest other DAWs.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Usmcdevildog2112 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:16 pm

Thanks again for the response DarkStar. Let me try out what you described here. I already have Reaper so I will dabble with that as well. Thank you for your time and help!
Usmcdevildog2112

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:48 am

Here is Reaper recording 7 (!) outputs from SampleTank onto separate tracks. All the recordings are saved to disk as .wav files too.

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Usmcdevildog2112 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:58 pm

Darkstar,

Not sure if I'm allowed to switch topics on this thread, but you've been very helpful and wanted to ask another question. I am considering getting a MalletKat Express. Any idea if this keyboard midi controller work well with ST4? I was not very successful using my Roland TD-20 sound module and ST4. That's why I'm hesitant at getting the MalletKat. I was able to get my triggers to produce a sound but I was unsuccessful at learning how to trigger the specific sounds I was looking for. I'm looking to be able to play generic sounds like bells, chimes, xylophone etc. Are these sound easily downloadable into ST4 or are they included in the program?
Usmcdevildog2112

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:06 pm

AS the question is not related to the previous posts, it is better to start a new thread.

I have not heard of a MalletKat Express. so cannot offer any advice.

Another user may chime in. Meanwhile Technical Support may be able to help. When you get the auto-acknowledgement email. send them the User Manual for the controller.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More