Sampletank 4.17 instruments bend range incorrect.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4.17 instruments bend range incorrect.

Postby Promidi » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:52 pm

Hi guys

I have found an issue with Sampletank v4.17 instruments that use the Sampletank 4 engine. It does not manifest with instruments that use the Sampletank 3 engine

Example patches that manifests this issue is "Ambient PWM Lead 4" and "Cry a Violin". I have not tried any other Sampletank 4 engine patches.

The issue is with both the Up and Down Pitch Bend ranges.

When I set a value of 1, it results in an actual Pitch Bend range of 2.

When I select a range of 5, it results in an actual range of 10.

Therefore the actual range appears to be double that of what is actually dialled in.

It is also impossible to dial in an odd numbered ranges.

I had a previous project that used a range of 5. However, the project played a bend of 10. Of course, the pitch bends were all out and the resultant pitch bent to the wrong notes.

When I reverted to Sampletank 4.16 Max and tried the above, the issue does not occur. With 4.16, The bend ranges matched what I dialled in.

I am going to have to stay with version 4.16 until this issue is resolved.

I have already lodged a ticket with IK support.
Last edited by DarkStar on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to emphasize the ST4 version number
Promidi

Re: Sampletank 4.17 instruments bend range incorrect.

Postby Promidi » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:17 am

The same issue happens with Syntronik 2 2.02 update with Syntronik 2 specific patches.
Promidi

Postby ShadowsOfLife » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:52 am

Having the same problem here, with VST3 version of ST4 4.1.7 (22B02) and Syntronik 2.0.2 (22B02).

Why the hell did you guys set the pitchbend to "1" by default on patches, anyway?! It's always been "2" on SampleTank, going back a decade!

Steve
ShadowsOfLife

Postby Promidi » Tue May 24, 2022 12:16 am

I notice that there is an update for Sampletank 4 which brings it to 4.2

Unfortunately IKM have not fixed the pitch bend range issue in all patches that use the ST4 engine.

The actual bend range is double that of what you have dialled in. This also means you cannot achieve a end range of an odd number of semi-tones.

I am still remaining on 4.16 until IKM resolves this.

Note: This issue is repeatable on any patch that uses the ST4 engine.

IKM Support are taking ages to fix this.
Promidi

Postby ShadowsOfLife » Tue May 24, 2022 2:21 am

They haven't even responded to this in the 2+ months it's been here. From what I've seen, they're also not responding to issues in Syntronik 2 that people on KVR are also reporting here as well.

That's...disappointing.

Steve
ShadowsOfLife

Postby Promidi » Tue May 24, 2022 2:35 am

ShadowsOfLife wrote:They haven't even responded to this in the 2+ months it's been here. From what I've seen, they're also not responding to issues in Syntronik 2 that people on KVR are also reporting here as well.

That's...disappointing.

Steve

I have had responses from IK support as a result of my lodged ticket - but only to state they are still looking into it. Even then, those responses have only been because I have asked for an update.

This pitch bend issue is a really clear issue and easily reproduced and repeatable.
Promidi

Postby ShadowsOfLife » Tue May 24, 2022 2:39 am

They never responded to me, but I haven’t asked for updates.

Seems it would have been fairly easy for them to post something here….

Steve
ShadowsOfLife

Postby Promidi » Tue May 24, 2022 2:48 am

I just hope IKM don't release an awesome synth or sound pack that requires a later version of ST4 than 4.16.

I would be locked out of that synth until they fix this bend range issue.

For what it's worth, I have let IKM support know that this bend range issue still remains in 4.20 and that I am stuck on 4.16 until it's fixed.
Promidi

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 24, 2022 1:27 pm

ShadowsOfLife wrote:They never responded to me, but I haven’t asked for updates.

Seems it would have been fairly easy for them to post something here….

Steve

The Support team does not regularly post on the forums.The best thing to do it Reply to any relevant Support email and ask for an update / progress report.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ShadowsOfLife » Tue May 24, 2022 7:37 pm

If I ever get one, I will. ;)

Steve
ShadowsOfLife

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm

ShadowsOfLife wrote:If I ever get one, I will. ;)

Steve

You get a confirmation when you open a technical support ticket. You can reply to that any time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 24, 2022 10:27 pm

ShadowsOfLife wrote:They haven't even responded to this in the 2+ months it's been here. From what I've seen, they're also not responding to issues in Syntronik 2 that people on KVR are also reporting here as well.

That's...disappointing.

Steve

IK Support responds to all tickets. There are some people having issues like happens with any software. There are also literally thousands running happily without issue. The IK Support team uses a ticketing system to help the former group get up and running. They can help you and anybody else having issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Promidi » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:49 am

Sampletank 4 has been updated to version 4.21 and I can report that IK Multimedia have resolved this issue.
Promidi

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:52 am

Promidi wrote:Sampletank 4 has been updated to version 4.21 and I can report that IK Multimedia have resolved this issue.

Thank you for taking the initiative to report the issue in the first place, for requesting updates on the progress resolving the issue, and for reporting on the latest news. Based on a lifetime of experience, for every person that calls attention to an issue through official channels, there are many more that don't.
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More