Full list of 1.300 sounds missing from SampleTank 4 MAX

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Full list of 1.300 sounds missing from SampleTank 4 MAX

Postby Guilhermelima1989 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:56 pm

Thanks for replying to my comment, DarkStar. I did what you said and renamed them as they were installed and contacted support, because they don't appear in my Sampletank despite being installed correctly, because the instruments and samples folders appear on my computer. I renamed it more out of curiosity, and to my surprise, the missing instruments appeared, which is quite strange. If I have an update from support on how to resolve the issue, I'll let you know here.
Guilhermelima1989

Postby lajeandom27 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:26 am

I have similar issues with some sounds not showing up in ST4, like the Ethnic Folder from the 2.5 Legacy sounds for example, such as the sitar.pak that I wanted to use is not there despite being installed in the folders. I contacted support but they didn't answer me yet about this problem.

I had the idea to use ST3 to import those sounds and then reimport them inside ST4. Maybe that would work? I don't know at this point.
lajeandom27

Postby Guilhermelima1989 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:41 am

Hi lajeandom27, I opened sampletank 4 here and the sitar.pak instrument is working. I remember that I manually installed the entire Sampletank 4 library, including installing the sampletank 3 and 2.5 legacy instruments in its specific folder, since the Ik product manager installed it, but no instrument appeared for me in the program. I know it's more work to install manually, but there's no other way. I reached out to support in February regarding some missing instruments I reported in this thread, and they haven't responded.
Guilhermelima1989

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:07 pm

ST4 cannot load legacy (ST2.5) sounds. As you have said, you can Import them into ST3 and add the ST3 library path to ST4's Preference Settings.

Have a look at: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24083
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:00 pm

I am about to reinstall all of my IK Sounds onto a new drive. I have downloaded all of them. I was planning to unzip and install all of them manually, because I have had some issues with Product Manager in the past. I noticed there is a ST4 MAX Installer. Any suggestions? Should I try the Product Manager first and then fill in what doesn't work right? Should I do all of the installers manually? Do you think the ST4 MAX Installer is more reliable than the Product manager? Thx.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:09 pm

I do not know what the "ST4 MAX Installer" is. Where do you see it?

If it is an item in the IKPM / Sounds section then it is probably intended to install all the sounds libraries for ST4. Metallica93's thread on installing TS3.5 MAX may help.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31798
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Guilhermelima1989 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:12 pm

I don't really trust the Ik product manager, so much so that I did the manual installation. I had the hard work of checking all the instruments installed, I spent a few days in that role, and most of it was installed, I had problems with exactly 3 specific instruments in which I mentioned them earlier here on the forum.
Guilhermelima1989

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:49 pm

DarkStar wrote:I do not know what the "ST4 MAX Installer" is. Where do you see it?

If it is an item in the IKPM / Sounds section then it is probably intended to install all the sounds libraries for ST4. Metallica93's thread on installing TS3.5 MAX may help.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31798

Thanks for the link. It has lots of insights.

As part of TS 3.5 which I got a year ago, accessing the sound content from the User Area for SampleTank 4 MAX Sounds I have:

SampleTank 4 MAX Instruments Installer 1.2
SampleTank 4 CS Sound Content
followed by 97 files (many ST4 parts and ST4 instruments, the ST3 and ST4 sound packs, ST3 Sound Libraries, and MP2 CE).

I downloaded all of them, but I also have most of those already installed from before I got TS 3.5. So, I was hoping I could just run the MAX Instrument Installer on my new drive and then just install the full version of MP2, all the Syntronik Sound Content files, MODO DRUM, MODO BASS, and a few others. I wanted to avoid copying files since I have them spread over two different drives.

But from the sound of it, based on the experiences of others, even though it will take forever, it might be better to just install of the sound content files individually onto the new drive. Unless there are options I have missed.
Steve-xyz

Postby lajeandom27 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:09 pm

Guilhermelima1989 wrote:Hi lajeandom27, I opened sampletank 4 here and the sitar.pak instrument is working. I remember that I manually installed the entire Sampletank 4 library, including installing the sampletank 3 and 2.5 legacy instruments in its specific folder, since the Ik product manager installed it, but no instrument appeared for me in the program. I know it's more work to install manually, but there's no other way. I reached out to support in February regarding some missing instruments I reported in this thread, and they haven't responded.

Ok but that's where I am very confused. How to ''manually install'' this? Is there a very clear step by step somewhere?

And also, I would like to try to import all the legacy sound in ST3, but I don't have ST3 lol so I asked IK if they could add ST3 in my products and they didn't answer yet.
lajeandom27

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:20 pm

SampleTank 4 installers have been improved and issues fixed recently. You should use the IK Product Manager installers. Please note that you should remove previously downloaded installers. There is a FAQ that can help with this: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1447
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:03 pm

Thanks for the FAQ link. I notice this statement at the bottom:

*If you have any SampleTank 4 or MODO DRUM sound content, we suggest backing up the installed sounds and not your downloads. This means you can safely delete these files and back up the location set in your associated program.

Not sure why, but this is good to know.
Steve-xyz

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More