Synerv-V samples don't get installed correctly

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Synerv-V samples don't get installed correctly

Postby kenth0 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm

After installing Syntronik 2 MAX upgrade windows version, some of the Syner-V presets didnt found the samples.
I rescanned the library but that didnt solved it.

Then I found out that in the Syntronik 2 folder there was a folder called "Syntronik 2 sound content", and in that folder were the rest of the 8 GB samples.
I then moved those to the Syntronik 2/Samples/Synerv-V/Samples and then it worked again

It had nothing to do with lack of space bc I had 100 GB left after downloading the Syntronik 2 Max content to my internal 2 TB SSD

You could at least expect that since IK now forcing you to use the IKPM are working correctly, but it surely does not.
Why did this happened?
kenth0

Re: Synerv-V samples don't get installed correctly

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:07 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If the FAQs do not list the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and fixing.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kenth0 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:28 pm

I'm well aware of that!
I always check the FAQ first.
But if this post could help others that has encounter this issue, then it's certainly justify to be posted in user forum.
Not every issue ends up in a FAQ, and if every user should go to techsupport, that might solve it for them, but not for all having the same problem.

You DarkStar and Peter is a steady rock here in the forum. Without your great knowledge and help the techsupport would have a lot more tickets for sure!
kenth0

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Understood. I advised letting Support know so that they can investigate and fix the problem, so that other users are not affected.

Meanwhile your post will surely help other users who run into the same problem.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby twilson74 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 pm

I installed the upgrade to Syntronik 2 Max last night and I'm having the same issue. I noticed that this was happening with certain presets in the Cato synth. For example, the first preset "Across Time" loads fine when I select it.

The second one "Add Some Grit" does NOT load and I get the pop up message: Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot Locate Tank at Path'/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/Syntronik2/Samples/Syntronik CATO Tri Sub Loud/CATO Tri Sub Loud.pak'. "

Because of the original post I checked the Syner-V and noticed that about half or a third of the presets I briefly tried to load had the same issue and would not load.

I would get this same issue in Syntronik 1 with certain synths such as the SAM as I recall.

It's rather frustrating. I love the sounds in Syntronik 2 Max, but I'm probably going to remove the new synth installation for now anyway because it used up so much more hard drive space than I thought it would take up. Before the upgrade, I compared the Max to the Standard Syntronik 2 which I alread had and the differences were 200GB compared to 80GB, so I did some subtraction and figured the Max Upgrade would take up about 120 GB but it seems to have taken even more than 200 GB to install just the upgrade alone on my HD. Sonically, it's amazing though.
twilson74

Postby twilson74 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Also, when I opened Sampletank in standalone for the first time after installing the Syntronik 2 Max upgrade I did a rescan to build the database but it was now showing EVERYTHING in Sampletank with a padlock icon over it except for the icon for SampleTank 4. I opened the CS and did restore purchases and this seemed to fix that particular issue but still its weird that in the vertical icon column, there are duplicates of the synths in Syntronik-- one locked, the other unlocked. Very untidy and hopefully not something that occurs again when I'm in a hurry to open Sampletank/Syntronik and work on a project.

And something else that is suddenly happening- when I load a preset of anything with a repeating character in Syntronik 2 or Sampletank,and hit a key to trigger the sound, it does not end when I let off the key. It simply keeps retriggering indefinitely unil I click on the little " exclamation point" symbol that kills it. I looked over my MIDI controller and explored the possibilty of a switch on my sustain pedal causing this-- but found nothing there.

If I wanted to just remove everything of the Syntronik 2 MAX upgrade to my Mac to free back up the HD space-- and then reinstall it at some point down the road when I've gotten a new configuration with more HD space, what would be the best, cleanest way to do that? And at the same time KEEPING the standard Syntronik 2 installed.
twilson74

Postby Steve-xyz » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 pm

DarkStar wrote:I advised letting Support know so that they can investigate and fix the problem, so that other users are not affected.

Meanwhile your post will surely help other users who run into the same problem.

Perhaps in addition to the recommendation to contact support, you can suggest that users report back that they have notified support. While the terms prohibit sharing what support says, it would be good to know when an issue has been reported.

And thank you for all that you do!
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:39 pm

For other readers with Syner-V installation problems, please see
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30018
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More