SAMPLETANK MAX 4 NO INSTRUMENTS

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SAMPLETANK MAX 4 NO INSTRUMENTS

Postby Scrow2222 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Hoping someone can help.

After numerous reinstalls of SAMPLETANK 4 MAX - I cannot get any instruments to show in SAMPLETANK. The libraries all show up, and show up as registered and installed, authorized in product manager.
Tickets 7629266, 5358969
Upgraded from Sampletank CS - which worked fine.

Noted someone else said
"In the folder \Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4 you will find the scanner database file "instruments.db". Delete or move this file out of that folder, return to Sampletank 4 and click Rescan All, and all your sounds will appear."
I do not have an instruments.db file - maybe this is the issue?

My troubleshooting data below.

All installs below informed "installed correctly"
All installs from downloaded zip files
Sampletank 4 was closed and restarted each step of the way

Can see that sample tank 4.1.6 is installed
renamed sound libraries sampletank 3 & 4 suffixed with the word OLD
fired up sampletank 4
All libraries on left panel show need to be installed - no sounds show up - as expected
Installed alan parsons piano pack
it created its own folder structure under sampletank 3
fired up sampletank 4
could see that the alan parsons piano sample pack library was authorized in left panel
no sounds showed up in rightmost panel - nothing searchable
installed organ sample pack
can see that it installed itself to sampletank 4/ samples / sampletank 4/ organ
fired up sampletank 4
no organs shown or searchable. Alan parsons library still lights up on left panel - no sounds in right panels
run st4 max instruments installer
fired up sampletank 4
can see that sampletank max 4 library is now lit up on left grid
no instruments show in right panels when clicked on
clicking on the black box top center of screen "sampletak 4 multi" displays drop down list with limited multi instruments
choosing one of the organ multis from that list - loads and is playable
still no other instruments shown
can add effects to the multi instrument in effects tab - numerous effects showing up
choose ANY other instrument (other than organ) causes sampletank to immediately close with no error message
install st4 max sound library update 1.5
same results as before - nothing new to report
Install american acoustic sound content
can see american acoustic content in the sampletank 3 instruments library, pak file in library, corresponding folder under sample folder
fire up sampletank 4 - can see the american acoustic library lit up in left panel
no corresponding sounds in right panels
otherwise same behavior as mentioned before
uninstalled sampletank 4 using the windows unistaller
"removed successfully" - attempt to start fails as expected
regedit still shows entries for sample tank 4 in bam/state/user settings
numerous reg values under IK multimedia for sampletank 3 and 4 - looks like keys for all of the sample paks installed?
tons of entries for sampletank 4 application install and all of the sound libraries - not cleaned up when software was uninstalled
startup IK multi product manager
run sampletank 4 installed (says 4.1.6) is being installed
did NOT delete the sampletank 3 & 4 libraries - left as is from the steps above
standalone and VST3 choices only (deselected vst and aax)
navigtated to sounds in the product manager
found sampletank 4 max which showed installed already - selected reinstall - process initiated without error
Spent 6+ hours rerunning the install - all completed successfully - IK product magers says "installed"
I can see all of the libraries, files, folders etc.
Fired up sampletank 4
Sampletank 4 app is pointing at the correct path
All of the libraries now light up in the left panel - nothing in the right panels - same results as above
Only some multis show up under the black box in the top middle of screen
Clicked on install sample tank 4 from product manager, again
download and install process started
reinstall of sampletank successful according to product manager
fire up sampletank 4
same as above
all libraries light up in left panel
only some multis show in the drop down but no sounds, nothing returns in search
noted that a rescan all of folders seems to return immediately as though it doesn't really scan anything
Scrow2222

Re: SAMPLETANK MAX 4 NO INSTRUMENTS

Postby jesussaddle » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 am

I'm having similar issues trying to get the folder structures to work based on the zips that were downloaded. I don't see any "pdf" with instructions, such as for people with Sampletank 2, 3, 4, extra libraries that may have been from the period of each version, etc.

In your post you said, "renamed sound libraries sampletank 3 & 4 suffixed with the word OLD"

Did you mean that you renamed them? Mine unzipped into the 3 & 4 folders respectively and it worked very well on its own. (But I did have to manually unzip everything). I still haven't tried to install the add-on packs and that's where I'm baffled.

This is one of the most frustrating experiences because if I don't know which folder to select when installing for e.g. Neil Peart Drums, I am going to have all these files from it placed into the wrong folders. It would surely be helpful to find a pinned thread labeled "Installation Issues" broken down by the individual libraries, since they're all different.

Sampletron 2 installed brilliantly, unzipped everything for me, and I was baffled by that after having to manually unzip the sub folders for Sampletank. Its all individual and requires a brain surgeon to stand next to one.
jesussaddle

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:36 pm

@ Scrow2222,
I see that you have 2 Tickets about this issue; please Reply to them asking for further assistance.

For general info, the folder organisation for ST4 and ST3 is shown here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

And I have installed Syntroink 2 and SampleTron 2 into their own folders, as shown here:

@ jesussaddle
The older expansion libraries go into the SampleTank 3 library folders and more-recent ones go into the SampleTank 4 library folders. it depends on whether the instruments in the expansion library are .st3i or .st4i. In the IKPM you can set the "Install to" location for a library, but this has to be set BEFORE starting the download.

i suggest asking Support to tell you the destination for each expansion library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Scrow2222 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:12 pm

jesussaddle wrote:I'm having similar issues trying to get the folder structures to work based on the zips that were downloaded. I don't see any "pdf" with instructions, such as for people with Sampletank 2, 3, 4, extra libraries that may have been from the period of each version, etc.

In your post you said, "renamed sound libraries sampletank 3 & 4 suffixed with the word OLD"

Did you mean that you renamed them? Mine unzipped into the 3 & 4 folders respectively and it worked very well on its own. (But I did have to manually unzip everything). I still haven't tried to install the add-on packs and that's where I'm baffled.

This is one of the most frustrating experiences because if I don't know which folder to select when installing for e.g. Neil Peart Drums, I am going to have all these files from it placed into the wrong folders. It would surely be helpful to find a pinned thread labeled "Installation Issues" broken down by the individual libraries, since they're all different.

Sampletron 2 installed brilliantly, unzipped everything for me, and I was baffled by that after having to manually unzip the sub folders for Sampletank. Its all individual and requires a brain surgeon to stand next to one.

I renamed them OLD to see if SAMPLE TANK was at least looking at the correct folder structure. The issue I am having is that the libraries show up but no instruments. I assume that moving/renaming the libraries or chaning the paths and seeing that the libraries turn off/on corespondingly at least says they are in the right location. I just don;t get any instruments.
This entire installation process was the worst I've ever experienced. It still doesn't work and I have had no responses to support tickets.
Scrow2222

Postby Scrow2222 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 pm

DarkStar wrote:@ Scrow2222,
I see that you have 2 Tickets about this issue; please Reply to them asking for further assistance.

For general info, the folder organisation for ST4 and ST3 is shown here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

And I have installed Syntroink 2 and SampleTron 2 into their own folders, as shown here:

@ jesussaddle
The older expansion libraries go into the SampleTank 3 library folders and more-recent ones go into the SampleTank 4 library folders. it depends on whether the instruments in the expansion library are .st3i or .st4i. In the IKPM you can set the "Install to" location for a library, but this has to be set BEFORE starting the download.

i suggest asking Support to tell you the destination for each expansion library.

Could you see if you have an "instruments.db" file anywhere in the folder structure? Going off of a lead someone else said about that file needing to be there - I don't have one.
Scrow2222

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:30 pm

That file is in: C:\DarkStar\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Scrow2222 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:26 am

UPDATE - Another attempt at reinstall - detailed notes below
Does anyone know how to get support?
Ticket #7629266 & #5358969 (Created 13 days ago on Jan 3 - no replies yet)

uninstalled sampletank 4.1.6
deleted ALL sound files
unauthorized PC
used regedit to remove ALL key entries associated to sampletank 3 & 4 but left the product manager related items
used instructions at
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1235
reinstalled and reauth sampletank 4
changed path to F drive
COPIED all folder structures that had been created in users/public/IK.... on C drive
now the F drive looks EXACTLY like the C drive structures
opened sampletank 4
changed sound content paths to new F drive locations
(Note in previous support ticket I had let the installer install to its default C drive locations - this time I am doing it differently to F drive)
removed C location
closed and opened sampletank 4 to ensure settings had taken affect correctly
proceeded with SAMPLETANK 4 instrument download step
selected "REINSTALL LIBRARY" from sampletank 4 MAX menu option - assuming instructions are correct and that install guidance is taken from the paths listed in sampletank 4 settings
started sampletank 4
sampletank max 4 library shows up in left hand pane - but when selected no instruments show up in right hand pane
noted that install process added c users public documents .... sampletank 3 path back into the sound content folders
all the sound content shows as "installed" in product manager - max4, alan parsons piano, philharmonik, etc, etc.
tried unauthorizing and reauth from product mgr
nope - same fail
end of install instructions using the product manager
Noted that I still do not have an INSTRUMENTS.DB file anywhere
Scrow2222

Postby Scrow2222 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:46 am

UPDATE:
Unfortunately I've spent more time working on getting this to work than making music.
but I've made small progress
I followed another forum suggestion, found the instruments DB which for some crazy reason doesn't get installed where all the sounds are but goes to a third destination in your current user path documents IK Multimedia folder. Per forum suggestion, I deleted the instruments.db and rescanned.
Afterward, sampletank 4 recreated instruments db. Now my instruments appear for max 4 (none of the other libraries are showing installed I assume I will need to reinstall those)
Finally getting the MAX library to play!
Scrow2222

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More