Help Me Understand Syntronik

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help Me Understand Syntronik

Postby jesussaddle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:52 am

Hi. I am a Syntronik Deluxe License holder who has just begun migrating everything to a new computer. I'm in IK Multimedia Installation Manager and I see that it has granted me to install Syntronik 2, but Syntronik Deluxe doesn't show up in my list. Its as though Syntronik 2 replaced it (which I don't own to my knowledge.)

Its been awhile since I used Syntronik. I suppose it could be that Syntronik 2 is just a CS version (it doesn't say CS). And it could be that I access my Syntronik Deluxe extra sound libraries without needing a registration or authorization in IK Mgr. But can someone let me know for sure please?

As a similar thing, I had Amplitube 3, but then just bought Amplitube 5. Well, to my amazement Amplitube 4 showed up as authorized/registered even though I had only up to Amplitube 3 (to my knowledge). I have assumed it was because I bought a "higher" plugin of the series... But it could be something entirely different.
jesussaddle

Re: Help Me Understand Syntronik

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:41 pm

The main names in the IKPM are for the product groups. Click on the [Products] tab to see exactly what products are Registered to your Account. My guess is that you will see "Syntronik Deluxe" in the Syntronik group and "Syntronik 2 CS" in the Syntronik 2 group.

Similarly, under AmpliTube 4 you may see "AmpliTube 4 Free" (and under AmpliTube 5 you may see "AmpliTube 5 CS").

Remember that you can also look at all of your products . Registrations / Past releases etc in your User Area / My Products on the iK Multimedia web site.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jesussaddle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:28 pm

Oh, Indeed! Thank you for writing such a clear explanation! I didn't know what that "Products" thing was you are referring to - its under each product to the left, after going from "Welcome", and clicking Manage my products, and choosing software tab. Then you can find the "PRODUCTS" TAB there to the left under each item in the main list. I guess those listed items are just registered purchases/freebies versus components of those purchases.

I was used to looking at the registered items and hadn't realized the layout works like this.

It could be that this would be more clear would be some Title at the top center of that main software tab. I don't know - "REGISTERED SOFTWARE ITEMS FREE AND PAID" and indicate which are free and which are paid (or however you define what that is.)

I think for people who's eyes work well it isn't that much of an issue. But for people with eye strain, and there are plenty, the comprehension is reduced.
jesussaddle

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Also, have a look at 6.1 in the User Manual (click the [?] button in the IKPM to get a link to it)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More