Missing instruments from SampleTank 4 MAX

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Missing instruments from SampleTank 4 MAX

Postby Cross_ » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:26 am

I just purchased ST4 MAX and based on this list it should contain a Bandoneon along with other accordions:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... uments.pdf

Unfortunately I cannot find that instrument when opening the ST VST. Looking at the list more closely it's listed under ST 2 XL library. I do not see that as a download option anywhere either. Suggestions?
Cross_

Re: Missing instruments from SampleTank 4 MAX

Postby Promidi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 am

Are you saying that when you enter "Bandoneon" in the ST4 search field, no instrument with that name appears in the list?

I tried it here, with my ST4 Max (on Windows 10), and it did indeed list as present.

I went through my Sound content zip files as downloaded and this instrument is in the following specific file:

SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_6.zip

Note: There are some sounds that started life as a ST2 sound. These that are included have been rejigged for ST4

Have you installed all of the sound content zip files as well?
Promidi

Postby Cross_ » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:43 am

Thank you for your reply!
In the Product Manager app I do not see an option to download ST3 or ST2 specific files. The only (relevant) bundles that show up there are ST4, ST4 CS, ST4 SE, and ST4 MAX.

Do I have to manually download the other ST3 bundles from the https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/ page ?
Cross_

Postby Promidi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:04 am

I wouldn’t imagine that you would have to do. IK Product Manager should do all of the installation for you.

In IK Product Manager, when you select sounds download (under "Manage my Products > Sounds", I assume it would download all of the required installers to the location as defined in Settings > “Downloads Folder”. Then it should execute the installers.

When I purchased ST4 max, I did the install before IK Product Manager existed. I downloaded the zip files one at a time (Which I have backed up).

When you do the installation via IK Product Manager, eventually, “SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_6.zip” (or the extracted files) should appear in your downloads folder. Unfortunately I cannot test it as my ST4 sounds have expired.
Promidi

Postby fpdXVI66 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:33 pm

Did you ever find out an answer? I have the same question.

I used Product Manager to install "SampleTank 4 Max". 95 zip files were downloaded and PMgr shows successful install.

In ST4, looking at just guitars, I can see the ones that are new with ST4 such as: Black LP & RedStrat, J200, and others.

However, missing are the guitars that the comparison doc lists as SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 2XL Instruments such as "Single Coil...", "Humbucker ...", "Clean LP1", etc.

Here is what I was expecting to see: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

Since we are on a 180 day countdown to get the sounds downloaded we really need a clear, unified process to get everything downloaded/installed. I do appreciate that PMgr apparently ran the installation for the 95 files saving me that time!

Note: PMgr also has an entry to download "SampleTank 4" (i.e., not "SampleTank 4 Max"). I started downloading that to see if the missing instruments may be there but the first few zip files look identical in size and content to files I'd already downloaded in the ST4Max install so I killed it rather than redundantly downloading/installing 80gb of files that already come with ST4Max. If the ST4 entry is a redundant subset of ST4Max, what is the purpose of the ST4 entry?
fpdXVI66

Postby fpdXVI66 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Does anyone know the name of the file that contains the older ST3 instruments?

I purchased ST4 Max and the only sound packages I can see in Product Manager are:
1. SampleTank4 Max
2. SampleTank 4
3. SampleTank 4 SE (this one does include a small number of ST3 instruments)
4. SampleTank 4 CS

I've downloaded and installed them all and none of these contain the ST3/2XL instruments listed in the doc.

Is there a "SampleTank 3" sound package that does not show up in PMgr since I purchased ST4 Max?
fpdXVI66

Postby fpdXVI66 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:12 pm

Here is what I have learned.

It seems that there is a bug in the Product Manager Download/Install process for "SampleTank 4 Max".

Product Manager does not download/install the following 2 files in the ST4 Max sound package:
1. SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_5.zip
2. SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_6.zip

After I figured out that these 2 files were missing, I did the following:
1. My Product Page and manually downloaded these 2 files from the SampleTank 4 Max Sounds Download page.
2. Extracted the zips and manually ran the install in each of these zip files.
3. Opened SampleTank 4 program. Under settings "Rescan All".

After that, all the ST3 instruments that were previously missing are now showing up in SampleTank. Success! Hopefully, me burning 4 days on this will help others.

P.S. The ST3 instruments I was looking for (electric guitars) were stored in SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_5.zip.
fpdXVI66

Postby Promidi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:20 pm

You might want to report your findings to IK support so they can apply a fix for the next update of the product manager.
Promidi

Postby fpdXVI66 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:48 pm

I traded 10-15 emails w/IK support and it was painful. I guess they assumed it was user error so didn't dig-in or answer the questions I asked about which zip contained the ST3 Guitars.

They closed my ticket without solving it!?

I am a new ST4 Max user so, under usual circumstances, it might well have been user error but in this case it seems it was not.

I installed the full (200+GB) ST4 Max package 2 times just to make sure .

It was your entry on 12/31/21 which mentioned “SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_6.zip” that got me crawling through all the files manually. When I didn't see _6 or _5 I realized that the issue must be that Product Manager never downloaded them. So, thank you very much for that breadcrumb!
fpdXVI66

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 am

Please Reply to your Support Ticket (they are closed whenever Support replies) saying that it looks like IKPM did not download all the necessary files. missing out Parts 5 and 6..
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby LosDudeChris777 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:25 am

After so many years, this is still an issue. It doesn't download SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_5 or SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_6. But why does this say SampleTank_3???? What's the 3??? I bought SampleTank 4!?
LosDudeChris777

Postby fpdXVI66 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:33 am

The "3" is because, ST4 Max also includes the instruments from prior versions -- ST3 & ST2XL. Looks like IK decided to package the older samples in "SampleTank_3" zip files.

Full list is documented here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... uments.pdf

Good luck!
fpdXVI66

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 pm

IK Product Manager is not the same method/files as downloading them manually from your IK User Area (which is not the preferred method as that is only meant as a fallback and is legacy functionality). It will not download the exact same files. Your issue likely lies elsewhere. IK Support will be able to help you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mhalloran » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:01 am

I know this is an old thread but there is good news. The current version 1.10.0 of the IK Project Manager finally fixes the installation issues that have been bugging Mac users for years.

I have successfully done a clean instal of Total Studio Max 4 onto my 2012 MacBook Pro running Catalina and my M2 Studio Ultra over Sonoma.

Not only does everything install properly with no more errors or incomplete folders but all libraries load properly into SampleTank 4.

In addition, the $25 fee for re-enabling library access after 180 days is gone for good (and was likely part of the problem). It's about time.
mhalloran

Postby arahming » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:14 am

How did you do a clean install I have tried everything and still have issues I am close to just giving up and uninstalling all IK stuff I am a little bit OCD and I end up wasting time trying to get this to install> have removed everything IK twice and it still won't install right I am trying to figure out if there is a way to remove everything as if it's a new install when you reininstall the same path seems to be saved somewhere
arahming

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More