Sampletank 4 Max sound libraries install location

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 Max sound libraries install location

Postby bertsmith30 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:28 am

My Sampletank 4 Max libraries refuse to install anywhere except my C: drive even when I specify my D: drive several times. I have been installing and re-installing and rebooting and redownloading over and over again for 3 days now and it simply refuses to install anywhere except C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia and I want it to install to D:\Music\Libraries\IK Multimedia. This is using the Product Manager. :x

Yes I have selected more options>install to and it appears to do nothing. :?:
bertsmith30

Re: Sampletank 4 Max sound libraries install location

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:16 pm

As the "Install to ..." choice in IKPM is not working for you, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bertsmith30 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:21 pm

Nothing So Far..

Things I have noticed.

Software included libraries (EG - Syntronic 2, Sampletank 4 Max) install to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia

Non-software included libraries (EG - Shipwreck Piano, Malletopia) install to D:\Music\Libraries

The intended install-to directory is D:\Music\Libraries\IK Multimedia

The designated download library I assigned in product manager is D:\Libraries\Downloads

This is on a fresh install of windows.

I'm just installing, searching for where it dropped it, then using the FAQ to manually move it to the directory I intended.
bertsmith30

Postby bertsmith30 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:25 pm

So I can somewhat figure this out, If I own Total Studio MAX 3.5, how many libraries should I have in Sampletank 4?

Do I need to get Sampletank 4 MAX only or do I also need Sampletank 4 and Sampletank 4 CS as well?
bertsmith30

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Lists of instruments in the various ST4 editions are in PDFS at the bottom of this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More