Error Installing Syntronik 2 Max - Won't complete installatn

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Error Installing Syntronik 2 Max - Won't complete installatn

Postby sean8877 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:49 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install the full Syntronik 2 Max using IKPM and when the installation completes downloading the Syner-V file I am getting the error below and IKPM freezes. I tried deleting the Syner-V zip file that was just downloaded (in case it was corrupt) and then re-downloading but the exact same error occurred after it downloaded again. As it stands I can't install the rest of the synths after Syner-V because IKPM always freezes at the Syner-V install. Anyone have any idea how to get around this error? At this point I would just be happy to have the rest of the synths install and skip Syner-V. This installation process has been a nightmare and very confusing from the get-go unforutnately.

Here is the error I am seeing every time IKPM tries to install Syner-V:

"A Javascript error has occurred in the main process

Uncaught exception:
Error [ERR_UNHANDLED_ERROR]: Unhandled error. ("Bad archive") at StreamZip.emit (events.js:304.17)"

Thanks.
sean8877

Re: Error Installing Syntronik 2 Max - Won't complete instal

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:31 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

If I understand correctly you ran the Syn2 MAX library installer (All 200 GB or so) in the IKPM and it failed at the Syner-V sounds. Is that correct?
-- could it be that the disk that the IKPM downloads folder is now full?
-- or that the disk with the installed library on it is full?

If the first, you could back up the used download files to free some space. If the latter you'll need to delete or move something-else.

After that you might be able to run IKPM again and install the remaining libraries., probably selecting the "Reinstall library" option. I do not know if that will work as I have never tried it.

In your position, once I had made sure there was enough disk space, I would download the remaining synth sound libraries from my User Area, extract the contents from the download file and run each installer, one at a time.

Having said that the IKPM should fail gracefully and provide a meaningful error message. So, please report the problem to Support. Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

They should also be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby sean8877 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks for the response. I did check the disk space and there's over 300gb left so I don't believe that's the issue. I wanted to try to download the sounds zips from the User Area in my IK account but they seem to have removed that option for Syntronik Max. There's no link to download the sounds individually anymore in your account. I believe I saw that someone else mentioned this in another thread. Anyway I appreciate the suggestions and hopefully I'll hear back from support soon on the issue. If they do resolve the issue I'll post the info here.
sean8877

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Can you see the individual sounds libraries for the synths in the IKPM? If so, amybe you can try those, one at a time?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Bencyl254 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:29 pm

sean8877 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to install the full Syntronik 2 Max using IKPM and when the installation completes downloading the Syner-V file I am getting the error below and IKPM freezes. I tried deleting the Syner-V zip file that was just downloaded (in case it was corrupt) and then re-downloading but the exact same error occurred after it downloaded again. As it stands I can't install the rest of the synths after Syner-V because IKPM always freezes at the Syner-V install. Anyone have any idea how to get around this error? At this point I would just be happy to have the rest of the synths install and skip Syner-V. This installation process has been a nightmare and very confusing from the get-go unforutnately.

Here is the error I am seeing every time IKPM tries to install Syner-V:

"A Javascript error has occurred in the main process

Uncaught exception:
Error [ERR_UNHANDLED_ERROR]: Unhandled error. ("Bad archive") at StreamZip.emit (events.js:304.17)"

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?
Bencyl254

Postby mastahanksta » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 am

Same issue installing updates then it freezes while says its installing
mastahanksta

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More