Question About Installing Syntronik 2 Content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Question About Installing Syntronik 2 Content

Postby 13_wicked » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm

I recently upgraded to Total Studio 3.5 MAX and got Syntronik 2 (Not MAX) free. I already have Syntronik & Syntronik Deluxe installed, so which of the files do I need to download for the new presets? There's "Synth - [Synth Name]" which I'm assuming are the files already installed on my computer, "Synth 2 - [Synth Name]", and "Synth 2 - [Synth Name] Update".
13_wicked

Re: Question About Installing Syntronik 2 Content

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 pm

You need to download and install ALL of the Syntronik 2 files. Into their own dedicated folder (e.g. L:/IK Multimedia/Syntronik 2)

There is no overlap between Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2. (Yes, the files do have a lot in common and disk space optimisation is on the Syntronik Wish-List.)

If you reference both the Syntronik 2 library and the Syntronik 1 library (probably the SampleTank 3 library folder) then for the Syntronik 1 presets you will see them twice (I think):
-- under the Generation / Syntronik 1 you will see the old presets, and they will run in the Syntronik 1 audio engine embedded in Syntronik 2; these cannot be edited in the Edit panel.
-- under the Generation / Syntronik 2 you will see the new presets AND the old presets, which have been upgraded to use the Syntronik 2 audio engine; these can be edited in the Edit panel.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 13_wicked » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 am

DarkStar wrote:You need to download and install ALL of the Syntronik 2 files. Into their own dedicated folder (e.g. L:/IK Multimedia/Syntronik 2)

There is no overlap between Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2. (Yes, the files do have a lot in common and disk space optimisation is on the Syntronik Wish-List.)

If you reference both the Syntronik 2 library and the Syntronik 1 library (probably the SampleTank 3 library folder) then for the Syntronik 1 presets you will see them twice (I think):
-- under the Generation / Syntronik 1 you will see the old presets, and they will run in the Syntronik 1 audio engine embedded in Syntronik 2; these cannot be edited in the Edit panel.
-- under the Generation / Syntronik 2 you will see the new presets AND the old presets, which have been upgraded to use the Syntronik 2 audio engine; these can be edited in the Edit panel.

Ok, so just to make sure before I start downloading them, all of the files starting with "Synth 2" are the Syntronik 2 files right? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question, but IK Product Manager is showing as all of Syntronik 2 being installed on my computer which definitely isn't the case.
13_wicked

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:49 am

That doesn't sound right. Can you post a few screenshots?

See https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby 13_wicked » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:57 pm

DarkStar wrote:That doesn't sound right. Can you post a few screenshots?

See https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252

Sure thing. I just noticed that there are Syntronik 2 versions of the synths in Product Manager, and as you can see in the screenshots they also show as being installed. No wonder I managed to overlook them!

Just for some more background info, I installed the Sytronik 2 application before buying TSM 3.5. After buying it and the sounds were added to my account they were already shown as being installed, which is why I initially thought that they were just all of the original Syntronik 1 & Deluxe sounds bundled together.

https://imgur.com/SzfIe7P

https://imgur.com/KEZiepD
13_wicked

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:57 pm

Yep, that looks weird to me. If there are "N of N fiels remaining" how can they be shown as installed?

That's one for Technical Support to sort out.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More