Syntronik 2 Installation steps - just for info

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 Installation steps - just for info

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:49 pm

@ Chrisk-K,
Don't be put off. It takes longer to read than to do the actions (excluding the times when an installer does its thing and you can get a coffee). My post was for users who needed to know every step.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Edu Cesar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi!
I already installed Syntronik 2 from the IK Product Manager but I'm having trouble moving the library to an external drive.
I didn't see the option "install to..." when I first got the software, so I installed to the default path and moved it manually (users/shared/ik multimedia/syntronik 2).
When I set the library path to the external drive and re-scan, it works fine, but as soon as I close Syntronik and open it again, the new path is gone and it resets to the default path.

The synths that have been downloaded already I click "install to..." and nothing happens.
I tried de-authorizing and reinstalling Syntronik 2, deleted everything and started over outside the IKPM, but nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, it's so frustrating
Edu Cesar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:28 pm

It sounds like the (external disk) disk path that you are selecting in Syn2 is not being saved. So it works while Syn2 is running, but not when you stop and start (unload / load) it again.

Here, on Windows 7, it looks like it is saved in the Registry.

Contact Technical Support, they will sort you out.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby anilnc » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 pm

Hi,

Isn't installation of Syntronik 2 Sound Content install same way as syntronik 1? That is in Syn1, the sound contents were installed along with SampleTank 3 content (Separate internal HDD). Can you please help?
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby anilnc » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Should I point out Syn2 synths content to be installed in ST4 content location? That way Syn1 will remain separately. OR should Syn2 be in a separate exclusive folder? Then will ST4 load Syn2 synths?
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby jakyl21 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:59 pm

Full disclosure, I haven't spent nearly as much time as many of you clearly have but I'm starting to understand some of it. I just have a few questions for you gurus.

Why would you want to keep Syntronik 1 content when it's all included in Syntronik 2? Similarly, why keep SampleTank 3 content if you have SampleTank 4 Max which should include everything from SampleTank3? I really feel like I'm missing something here.

Why do I have a SampleTank3 and a SampleTank4 folder and not a folder for Syntronik1,2...why not leave the version number off the folder name and put everything in one place or keep it all seperated. I've been coding for nearly 30 years and file management seems like such a basic concept to me, unless you are using it to intentionally confuse people. Sit down at a table and come up with some sort of standard and enforce them...again, maybe there is something I'm missing.

Why is Synth X not included (not even in the Syntronik 2 Max version). Guessing it came out after 3.5 was put together?

Why, after I install Syntronik 2, does the IKMPM show Syntronik 2 99 (1 of 4 files remaining) and Syntronik 2 Blau says to Install when I know it has been installed? Could this be related to versioning? Head scratcher.

On a positive note, I picked up SM3.5 for $69...coming from SM2 this was a super great deal!!
jakyl21

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More