How To Reload Hammond B-3X

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How To Reload Hammond B-3X

Postby pacificm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:06 am

I've been having a variety of problems with my Hammond B-3X - which used to work just fine.

My presets window is not working and neither is my expression pedal. So, I would like to reload the app and see if that helps.

How do you reload the app?

Please advise.

Thanks!
pacificm

Re: How To Reload Hammond B-3X

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 pm

You can reinstall any Mac/PC software using IK Product Manager. If you are talking about the iPad app you'd need to delete and reinstall that but you would want to back up anything you've done in the app before so unless you want a completely clean slate.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pacificm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:46 pm

You can reinstall any Mac/PC software using IK Product Manager.

But how can this be done? This is not clear to me. What are the steps? Please advise. Thanks!
pacificm

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:29 pm

pacificm wrote:You can reinstall any Mac/PC software using IK Product Manager.

But how can this be done? This is not clear to me. What are the steps? Please advise. Thanks!

Hover over the "Installed" text and you will see "Reinstall" as an option.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pacificm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:04 am

Thanks for the reload tip. It worked.

The reason for the reload was to hopefully fix the presets window which would not open. Now, it is opening. However, now on opening some presets, Hammond B-3X crashes.

Before I began having these problems with Hammond B-3X I was using Hammond B-3X with Catalina and Digital Performer 9. I never had a problem with that configuration. Now I'm using Hammond B-3X with Big Sur 11.6.1 and Digital Performer 11.02 and I'm having problems.

It appears there may be incompatibilities with the new set up. Any suggestions where the problem might be. Has anyone had any similar problems running Hammond B-3X with Big Sur and/or Digital Performer 11? Please let me know if you have.

Thanks!
pacificm

Postby pacificm » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 pm

I narrowed down the problem to an incompatibility with Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP). The Hammond B-3X (HB3X) was housed in a VEP server. When I tested the HB3X as a simple plug-in in my DAW the problem did not occur. So, I've been working with the VEP people to come up with a work around. Thanks for your help!
pacificm

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:51 pm

pacificm wrote:I narrowed down the problem to an incompatibility with Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP). The Hammond B-3X (HB3X) was housed in a VEP server. When I tested the HB3X as a simple plug-in in my DAW the problem did not occur. So, I've been working with the VEP people to come up with a work around. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure of the issues with VEP or with DP 11, please let me know if you've also reported those issues to our support folks because I'm sure they'd also be willing to chat with the other companies if necessary to get to the bottom of the problem if necessary. At very least they can document that there was a problem, but I think they'd want to hopefully look a little deeper than that (or I'd just relay this thread for them to "note" but maybe there's more possibilities with some hands-on troubleshooting on our side too, and any cooperation necessary).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More