Syntronik 2 - first look

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 - first look

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:40 pm

This might help your explorations (derived from the user manuals, so I may have missed things). I have briefiy compared Syntronik 2 with Syntronik 1:

Library
-- has its own dedicated folder
-- the Syntronik 1 folder can be added too

Disk streaming optimization

Preset Browser
-- name changed from Instrument Browser
-- "Instruments" are now referred to as "Presets"
-- synth and preset names and info are smaller and darker (less distinct),
-- and bizarrely, fewer presets are listed on a single view,
-- there seems to be to be a lot of unnecessary black background and small text and images.

Synth Panel
-- Extra parameters ( (LFO) Delay and Fade-In)
(a) the new Synth Panels introduced in Syntronik 2 (such as CATO and GS-V) have a few extra parameters in the Oscillator and Modulation sections.
(b) These extra parameters are also available for all Synths on the Edit Panel.

-- Filter Envelope Amount
(a) In the new Syntronik 2 presets – including all new presets for the 22 legacy Syntronik 1 Synths – the filter envelope amount works as it does in traditional analog hardware synthesizers: The control is additive. Turn up the Filter Envelope Amount knob to increase how much the envelope opens the filters.
(b) This works differently for the legacy Syntronik 1 presets. It scales the existing cutoff frequency - to determine how much the filter envelope will close the filter; how much it will reduce the filter cutoff frequency.
(c) This is because Syntronik 1 used the ST3 engine, and Syntronik 2 uses the ST4 engine. In order to ensure that the legacy presets sound identical in Syntronik 2, the ST3 engine is included here to play them.

MIDI learn:
-- controlling Master Volume and Vibrato Controller Source are not mentioned,
-- in Syntronik 1 "Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Multi, not with the Instrument".
-- this is not mentioned fin the Syntronik 2 User Manual,

Edit Panel and Modulation Matrix
-- all new
-- not available for Legacy Syntronik 1 presets

Effects
-- there are 71 available (38 in Syntronik 1)
-- but there are now no pics in the User Manual
-- and still no description of the controls of each one.

Player Panel

-- name changed from Arpeggiator Panel
-- Step Sequencer Mode is new: a simple monophonic step sequencer in the style of classic 1970s sequencers

Multi Panel
-- Mixer controls are now directly available to the left of each part
-- new Note Shift (Transpose) control for each part
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Syntronik 2 - first look

Postby hydemusic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm

I got Syntronik 2 and slightly confused (par for a geyser ;). I already have Syntronik I. In my Product Manager I see all the apps plus Syntronik 2 Max ..
1.Do I need to download all the individual synths plus Max as well?
2. Do I put them in Sample Tank Folder as with the others
3. Do I keep the original Syntronik 1 files or delete them?
I read where some files were added to the original Syntronik 1

Dazed and confused...
Bobn
hydemusic

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 pm

A0 I do not know why you have Syntronik 2 MAX ("Syn2 MAX"?) if you did not buy it.

A1a The software is the same in all editions; the features available are determined by the Serial Number.

A1b The "synths" are just the Sounds libraries, aren't they. If so, then yes. See reply below

A2: NO; the library should not be mixed with any other product library (but you can add the Syntronik 2 library path to ST4's Sound Content list (as long as you update ST4)

A3 Keep them. Syn2 does not replace Syn1 on disk or in your projects. And Syn2 does not use the Syn1 library sample files.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby hydemusic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:27 pm

A0 I do not know why you have Syntronik 2 MAX ("Syn2 MAX"?) if you did not buy it.

A1a The software is the same in all editions; the features available are determined by the Serial Number.

A1b The "synths" are just the Sounds libraries, aren't they. If so, then yes.

A2: NO; the library should not be mixed with any other product library (but you can add the Syntronik 2 library path to ST4's Sound Content list (as long as you update ST4)

A3 Keep them. Syn2 does not replace Syn1 on disk or in your projects. And Syn2 does not use the Syn1 library sample files.

A0 Yes I purchased it on Wednesday

A1a & A1b: OK

A2: Clearer to me

A3: I thought that..similar to SampleTank 3 & 4

Thankyou :)
hydemusic

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Correction to A1b:

If you were referring to "Syntronik MAX" in the Sounds section of the IKPM, then that is, I would think, all of the individual synths. it probably says something like "Download size umpteen GB (N of N files remaining)". If it is all the synths, then you can download / install that and not worry about the individual synth downloads. If you have enough disk space for the downloads, give it a try then see what is installed and what downloads are in the IKPM's downloads folder.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby hydemusic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:52 pm

If you were referring to "Syntronik MAX" in the Sounds section of the IKPM, then that is, I would think, all of the individual synths. it probably says something like "Download size umpteen GB (N of N files remaining)". If it is all the synths, then you can download / install that and not worry about the individual synth downloads. If you have enough disk space for the downloads, give it a try then see what is installed and what downloads are in the IKPM's downloads folder.

Everything is as it should be...All the synths in both Syn MAX Standalone and ST4 are playing!
Thanks your help!
Bob
hydemusic

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:48 pm

Stop press: Syntronik 2 has 400 unassigned plug-in parameters. Automate any knob by right clicking it. But the resulting parameter names are not very intuitive.

Oddly, there is no mention of this feature in the User Manual (reported to Support).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lorne.white » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:26 am

I downloaded the new version and but found I couldn't authorize and load the Syntronik 1 instruments. I pushed the "Authorize" button and just takes me to the Product Manager. I tested them in SampleTank 4 and they are working.

I found the solution in another topic. The trick is to use the Register button on the Product Manger with the CS serial number, and it all works as expected.
lorne.white

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More