B3 Presets Are Gone

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B3 Presets Are Gone

Postby pacificm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 am

I've been using the Hammond B-3X for some time and am familiar with how the presets in the upper middle of the interface work. Up until recently they were working just fine. But, all of a sudden the presets are not available. When you click on the preset window, nothing happens.

Any suggestions how to get the presets back?

Thanks!
pacificm

Re: B3 Presets Are Gone

Postby reuelt » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 am

pacificm wrote:I've been using the Hammond B-3X for some time and am familiar with how the presets in the upper middle of the interface work. Up until recently they were working just fine. But, all of a sudden the presets are not available. When you click on the preset window, nothing happens.

Any suggestions how to get the presets back?

Thanks!

Presets are logon user specific.
For me using windows 10, the presets are stored in c:\users\<username>documents\ik multimedia\Hammond B-3x\presets

I usually rename that folder, then reboot the PC.
Hammond B-3x will recreate that folder.
Now I would copy back *.b3xp files from the backup folder to the empty
c:\users\<username>documents\ik multimedia\Hammond B-3x\presets
reuelt

Postby terrybritton » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Also see if you have a corrupt instrument.db file like I had.

See viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29116

Terry
terrybritton

Postby pacificm » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:02 pm

The problem has progressed to B3 crashing. This is occurring when B3 is used in Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP). The same problem is occurring in the same way with Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Drummer. However, if B3 is used directly in my DAW and not with VEP there is no problem. Same with Toontrack. Other plug-ins using VEP are working just fine.

Crash reports from VEP are sent directly to VEP. VEP has reviewed them and found no problem with VEP. I've asked that copies of the reports be sent to both IK Multimedia and Toontrack support for their reviews.

This is all happening with the VEP server on the Big Sur Mac. My two other VEP servers working in Catalina Macs are having no problem. A local technician has suggested that the 64 bit issue in Big Sur may be part of the problem since Catalina is more user friendly with this issue than Big Sur. Perhaps this is a variable.

Thanks for your help!
pacificm

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Please report all the details of the problem to IK Technical Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pacificm » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm

I have been keeping IK Multimedia, Toontrack, and VEP support all up to date and in the loop.

Thanks!
pacificm

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More