Using Syntronik synths inside SampleTank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Using Syntronik synths inside SampleTank 4

Postby Bcassatt88 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:35 am

Hi,

I recently got Syntronik, but I had to just download the specific synth models (eg the Oxa) to use within SampleTank instead of installing the whole independent Syntronik program itself, because the size of Syntronik would take up the entire remainder of my internal drive.

I would like to be able to use the different effects and sound design tools for each synth that the GUI of Syntronik has, if possible - where you can open a window that gives you access to the oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, etc) but within SampleTank instead of having to download Syntronik just to access these features...

is what I'm describing even possible? Is there a way to open the OXa in SampleTank, for instance, and then open the OXa-specific controls that are available in Syntronik, eg the "BPM sync" control or the legato controls, inside that SampleTank window? Or does SampleTank only let you use that generic red and black GUI that is used for the stock synths that come with the program?

If there is an obvious answer here that I missed, then I apologize, but so far the only controls I've found for the Syntronik synths within SampleTank are that kinda stripped down, generic GUI, unlike the model-specific ones within Syntronik. If anyone knows for sure one way or the other, I'd really appreciate any information on this, since if they're only available on Syntronik then I might need to buy an external drive for what I want to do.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank yoh.
Bcassatt88

Re: Using Syntronik synths inside SampleTank 4

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:37 am

Hi Bcassatt88

I may be wrong (it has been known ;) ) but I think most, if not all of the controls from within the Syntronik UI are available in the ST4 UI edit page, just not in their own synth-centric realistic skin. At least that's how it looks to me.

If you are worried about the size of the Syntronik app, you shouldn't be. The app itself is only about 10mb on my system, it's the sound content that takes up the room and you've already found that it doesn't all need to be installed.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Bcassatt88 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Ah, that's so weird because I tried to install Syntronik with about 120gb left on my internal drive, and even though the product manager said it was only like 60gb IIRC, the installer just kept going way past 60gb to the point where my drive only had like 10gb left and eventually the red bar thing show up on the drive so I cancelled the download...

I didn't examine the synth GUIs too closely, it just looked like there were more and different controls on the Syntronik GUI that I didn't recognize from the one within SampleTank, but I'm gonna assume you're right that they have the same options.

Thanks for the info.
Bcassatt88

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:15 pm

The GUI of every synth in Syntronik has the same controls. But with different images and in different places. :)

I would do this
-- install and Authorize the Syntronik software using the iK Product Manager.
-- go to your User Area > My Products > Syntronik and download the synth(S) that you want to use.
-- one at a time, extract the contents of a download file and run the installer.
-- download the other synths.
-- store all the synth downloads on a backup disk, in case you need them later (and you will avoid any Download Reactivation fee).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More