ST4: import WAV doesn't get separate PAK files

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4: import WAV doesn't get separate PAK files

Postby HawkeyeDMM » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:07 pm

I teach a music production class and in our "sampling" section we do an assignment creating our own samples and importing them into Sampletank 4. In previous semesters I had the students turn in their ".st4i" and ".pak" files for the assignment. After importing our WAV files into ST4 with the name "example 01", we would be able to find the files "example 01.st4i" in the "Imported Instruments" folder and "example 01.pak" in the "Imported Samples" folder.

This semester when we went to look for these files after import we found "example 01.st4i" and "example 01.st4phr" in the "Imported Instruments" folder, but found only "sampletank file export.pak" in the "Imported Samples" folder.

Did IK change the program so that it doesn't create a unique matching ".pak" file for each imported instrument? And what is this new ".st4phr" file?

Ultimately what I would be able to do in the past was place all of the students ".st4i" files in my "Imported Instruments" folder, and their ".pak" files in my "Imported Samples" folder, rescan the library and be able to access each of their created instruments. I'm not sure how to do that now, with each student having the same named "sampletank file export.pak" file.

Any insight would be appreciated...thanks!
HawkeyeDMM

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More