SampleTank 3 and sound content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 3 and sound content

Postby Martindr32 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:07 am

So from everything I have read so far, can all sounds (whether they be from ST3, MP2, Syntronik, ST4, or SampleTron 2) simply be installed in the same folder?

With the exception of SampleTank 3 I do use every plugin as standalone, but I'm having issues with MP2 and Syntronik due to the sound directories being connected. From what I have read in the installation guide https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1235 there has to be an ST3 and ST4 folder with their respective subfolders and whatnot, but since I don't have ST3, could all the ST3 sounds just go inside the ST4 folder? Would it be a problem if I installed all the sound content from MP2 and Syntronik (and any sound/ instrument packs that belong to ST3) inside the ST4 folder as well?

It's been very frustrating not being able to get a concrete answer or guide anywhere as to where exactly I'm supposed to install all the sound content in order to not have any issues with any of the plugins.

I know ST4 can have multiple sound library paths, and I know MP2 and Syntronik should go together since I use those 2 in standalone as well, but regarding the ST3 and ST4 folders (and all the other sounds from Syntronik and MP2), could I just install everything in the ST4 folder? :?:
Martindr32

Postby victorp.sg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:16 am

The default location for SampleTank 3 (any version) Library is "/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3" whereas SampleTank 4 (any version) is "/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4". Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (any version) and Syntronik (any version) store their Libraries in the default SampleTank 3 path.

If you have not installed SampleTank 3, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, or Syntronik before, and are now installing SampleTank 4, the installer will create and install both SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 Library into their respective default locations as mentioned above. Both paths will be listed in SampleTank 4 settings page (with SampleTank 4 path listed first). Remember that SampleTank 3 and 4 can use the Libraries from Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and Syntronik.

I would suggest you keep the paths as "/Volumes/<volume-name>/<optional-other-folder-names>/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" and "/Volumes/<volume-name>/<optional-other-folder-names>/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3" while relocating the libraries.

Just for your information, SampleTron 2 library default location is "/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTron 2". If you change the library path, remember to run SampleTank 4 and modify the path for SampleTron 2 Library (as you guess it, SampleTank 4 can also use the library from SampleTron 2).
victorp.sg

Postby Martindr32 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Now I guess the only doubt I have is, if I have my own custom install location for IK Multimedia sound libraries, would it be a problem if I installed any ST3 content inside the ST4 folder? It would be convenient for me to just have everything in the same folder if it doesn't cause any issues, as I do not use SampleTank 3. I'd probably have Sampletron 2 sounds in its own folder as I know that one has no issues like MP2 and Syntronik. Sorry if the answer may have already been stated, it's a bit confusing though I think I'm finally beginning to understand. So, in short, can ST3, MP2, Syntronik, etc. sounds be installed inside the ST4 folder and still be found by each plugin without issues so long as the paths are directed to the ST4 folder?
Martindr32

Postby victorp.sg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am

I think there may be file/folder name conflict down the road if you put everything in one SampleTank folder. Just segregate them as they are within the “IK Multimedia” folder as “SampleTank 3”, “SampleTank 4”, “SampleTron 2”, and “MODO DRUM”.
victorp.sg

Postby Martindr32 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 am

Okay thank you, after much thought and analysis I was just about to either put everything in one "ST4" folder or into those four separate folders you mentioned. With your response I now have my definite answer to what route I should take. Very much appreciate it, it's a huge relief to finally know how to do it. :)
Martindr32

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More