Newly installed ST4 instruments not showing up [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Newly installed ST4 instruments not showing up [Resolved]

Postby the_apex » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi,

I'm happy with the group buy, but now need help. Several instruments are not showing up in ST4... including Alan Parsons Imperial Grand.

I've re-authorized, double checked that the sounds are there (they're located in the ST3 samples folder), the ST3 folder is included in the ST4 search search for sounds content box, re-installed the sounds, re-scanned the library for the new sounds several times, and still nothing.

None of the solutions that I 1st encountered via search have helped. Instruments, that I already owned, like Sampletron2 aren't showing up there either.
the_apex

Re: Newly installed Sampletank 4 instruments not showing up

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:00 pm

Run the Custom Shop program, login, click on your Account Name and select "Restore my purchases".

You may need to Authorise some older add-on libraries using the old Authorization Manager too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby the_apex » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:06 pm

DarkStar wrote:Run the Custom Shop program, login, click on your Account Name and select "Restore my purchases".

You may need to Authorise some older add-on libraries using the old Authorization Manager too.

Thank you. I already did the restore my purchases thing at the Custom Shop. I don't know where to find the old productmanager, although the current one says everything is authorized.
the_apex

Postby the_apex » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:41 pm

I found an old authorization manager buried in the IK C drive folder. I opened it, authorized the 6 missing programs/sound banks, and they are still not present in ST4.
the_apex

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:35 pm

IN that case, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby the_apex » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:25 am

DarkStar wrote:IN that case, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.

Thanks again for responding. I gave up last night. Now I fired the system up to try again today, and the stuff that wasn't showing up in my ST4 library now is. So success! But, not sure exactly what it was that did it.
the_apex

Re: Newly installed ST4 instruments not showing up [ Resolve

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:12 am

Computer Support answer 101: Turn it off and on again ;)

---------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More