Neal Peart Drum Sound Samples Install Fails on MAC [Resolved

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Neal Peart Drum Sound Samples Install Fails on MAC [Resolved

Postby Paul_R » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Neil Peart Drums sound samples install package fails on MACOS 11.6 (MBPro16/i9/8cores/16gbmem/1tb hd). I first get the MACOS prompt asking if I want to proceed with program downloaded from the internet, but then the package fails. Sometimes after re-unpacking the .dmg, I will get the first screen of the install but it will then fail. Reboot does not help. ST4 is not running during install. I have my media located on an external disk with lots of free space. LA Confidential installs fine.

Any ideas?

Edit - Must Have something to do with NPDrums being in ST3 originally? An number of other ST4 install properly (Alternate Keys, Clavitube, Spaceport)
Paul_R

Re: Neal Peart Drum Sound Samples Install Fails on MAC

Postby gravenstein » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Have you tried using the IK Product Manager.app? I picked up literally dozens of new products from this sale and installed all of them on both my macs using the product manager app. Now I definitely had some trouble, at first, getting the samples to install onto an external drive and stuff, but I guess that was party my own fault (not really). But I don't want to even imagine having to install all of these new products individually.
gravenstein

Re: Neal Peart Drum Sound Samples Install Fails on MAC

Postby Paul_R » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:04 am

gravenstein wrote:Have you tried using the IK Product Manager.app? I picked up literally dozens of new products from this sale and installed all of them on both my macs using the product manager app. Now I definitely had some trouble, at first, getting the samples to install onto an external drive and stuff, but I guess that was party my own fault (not really). But I don't want to even imagine having to install all of these new products individually.

Thanks for the reply - I finally got it to work by registering first in the old license manager app, then installing in the new license app. Downloading from the product page and installing from the dmg file directly was failing for me, and copying the files manually as suggested by support was not working either. So you definitely pointed me in the right direction. Much appreciated.
Paul_R

Re: Neal Peart Drum Sound Samples Install Fails on MAC [Reso

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Yes, Neil Peart Drums is an ST3-based library. As you have found, it can be installed and its Serial Number Registered using the iKPM, but to authorize it you need to run the old Authorization Manager.

(I found this out a few weeks ago, after going round in circles for a while :)).

========================
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More